Plugin to save races

acorba67

Hi,
I have a "simple" question.
I see some plugins telemetry examples in which is possible in some way to save the state of a car and - maybe? - the whole race.
I'm looking for documentation about C++ structures internal to RFactor in order to reload these states. My aim is to create a sort of save/load races plugin similar to the one existing in the old GPX series.
Do you think is this possible? Or I'm only a sort of visonary.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Andrea

IMO, based on plugin API/doc ISI gave us, saving the game state is possible (lap time, every car's position, every car's tire temps, etc.). However feeding the saved game state into rFactor is not possible, I think. ISI had stated in the API comments that rF will ignore outside inputs to prevent cheating.

Does your plugin save race/practice state? can the game be resumed ?

The loader keeps track of all sessions, but the Recovery Utility filters qualy and race sessions. Only a race sessions can be resumed.

Awesome! Can we use that session loader in single player mode in rF1 and rF2? Because I see that your plugin is for dedicated server stuff. What I'd like to have is a save game option in single player mode.

wow.. really.. so half way through if server disconnected.. we all resume back from the place where we stopped??
i didnt know rf is capable of doing such things..

@taufkip: you can use it in single player mode ... although the loader will produce a lot of error messages in case you don't configure it to write data to a database. not sure if all the commands applies to single player mode too, but just give it a try ...

@vyrush: if I got you right ... !?!? yes you can resume a race session from its position where a driver disconnected from the server and/or whenever a server crashed for whatever kind of reason and/or due to infrastructure problems in a fail safe environment. this all is accomplished by multiplayer commands taken from the Readme.chm of rFactor1
Code:
/editgrid <pos> <name>  // admin command to move the specified player to the given position on the grid - note that you should do the grid from first to last or you may fail to achieve the expected results

/batch <file>             // admin/server command to run given batch file of these chat commands (see full description elsewhere)

/changelaps <laps> <name> // admin/server command to adjust the number of completed laps (-10 to +10) to the specified player for the purpose of allowing live stewards' input into the game's scoring system.

/racelength <code> <value1> [<value2] // admin/server command changes the race length for the next race: <code>=0 sets a <value1> % length race, <code>=1 sets a <value1>-lap race, <code>=2 sets a <value1>-minute (timed) race, <code>=3 sets a <value1>-lap and <value2>-minute race.

EDIT: This is from the old tool/version, but it gives you an idea how it should be handled ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2LK...DvjVQa1PpcFOJQDNn4Jlizzzjy5TcODSacJm-6T27grQ=

Last edited:

Back