problem with ffb at low speeds in some (good) mods (G27)

arekdbz

Hello. I have problems with some mods for rFactor with my G27. Some mods works perfectly (endurance series, DRM 2.0, HistoricX) which means that when I am not driving or driving at very low speeds <40 km/h, wheel works very light. Ffb starts to work after reaching 40 km/h or something like that and that is how it should work. But unfortunately some mods like RaceX 1,25 or Chevrolete Corvette C6 2012 1.00 or horrible to drive. And that is when I'm not driving the wheel is turning by itself. WHY WOULD IT DO THAT ?! It basicly fights with me when I am driving at low speed. Not to mention that on some tracks in the pits (nordschleife) it goes crazy and makes disturbing noises like it's going to blow up in a second. However when I am driving at high speeds it works very well.

Should I change something in Controller.ini or in the realfeel plugin by Leo ? Because right now, these mods are not driveble for me and for example the corvete mod is one of the best from what I know.

Try taking out RealFeel and see if it still happens. It probably won't.

Then adjust your RealFeel settings to see if you can fix it. Maybe someone with more experience using RealFeel can help.

What version of rFactor are you running? It isn't 1.255b is it? If so, that version had a bug where FFB didn't work on the G27 until the revs are high enough for the LED shift lights to turn on. ISI released a newer build (1.255c) that removes the G27 shift lights and fixes the FFB problems.

AW: problem with ffb at low speeds in some (good) mods (G27)

???

Did you install a ffb Plugin?

Which one realfeel, leoffb or both of them?

Do you have your settings right in controller.ini and your plr file?
It's recommend to modify them if your using ffb plugins.

It's important to set the correct values for steering lock etc. in the plugins.

The next thing is that not every mod supports the plugins.

I'm using a fresh rF lite install for every "good" mod. That's the only way to get it running proper for me.

If low speed is really low speed like below 40km/h, it seems to happen. The tire model isn't 'active' until some 40km/h, it 'blends in' I think, to avoid near zero problems. Near standstill, things may not work so well.

Back