Problem with .mas files and texture errors for mod.

seandennis

Hey Modders,

I have just been building a mod for the past yeat for rfactor 1. over time I have been learning how to mod and how to fix my error as I have been building my mod. Now it is ready for the first Beta test and all my testers are getting a error. When I first started to build my mod I was using 1 .mas file for all files but over time the .mas file was getting too large and every time I added more files and tested to see if it was working and looking the way I wanted there started to get error with completed files. So to stop it I decided to divide the .mas file into 3 .mas files. one for body, one for parts and one for wheels. Also the idea was so that I could do updates for the mod over time to update new styles and looks to keep it fresh for players. So now it was complete and organised the beta testers I .exe the mod and all of the testers got the same error with the wheel texture. but I was not getting it. I have all of the original gmt files on another computer that has 3ds max on it and all I was doing was creating the .mas file on that computer then .exe the files and installing it to the computer with rfactor so I couldn't get conficts. as I have been told that the computer will look for the files prior to the .mas file. the error that everyone is getting is error loading global material sidewall (the texture name) I have looked at the mas file and the texture is in the mas file also I have looked at the .max file to see if it wasn't applied properly prior to rendering but is good there. I have been through every thing to narrow down where the fault could be causing the error. I have checked 3ds max, render to .gmt, creating the .mas file and also creating the .exe file I even tried with winrar to see if that was able to find the problem but still errors. It works on my computer and also on the multi player server for the beta testers with no errors. I even tried it on a fresh hard drive and I got no errors. I even tried uploading the same way as I did for the server with only each .mas file for one of the beta testers to check to make sure and he still got the error. does anyone knows why I'm getting the error and how to fix it. it could be a simple thing that is causing it on my end such as the .mas file but I don't know as I have never gotten the error.

Thankyou for reading my mod problem and if you can help me it also may help other modders that are getting the same issue.

Sean Dennis

Back