Problem with walls

Kev

Hello!

I have strange problem with some walls at my track (working in 3ds Max 2011).

See shot below:
1zxm8wn.jpg

This wall (diagonal one to crossroads)... Normally, cars hit it and get damage but sometimes (many times) cars moving through it and fall off the track without any reaction. Wall is separated object having CollTarget=True HATTarget=False in SCN and in GMT properties.
Tried change that parameters and many other combinations but can't remove this bug from my track.
So i need help with this.

Thanks.

You need to ensure you've named the material appropriately. Having it prefixed with 'wall' or 'cmwall' is correct.

Material was named "wall01" but i also tried "cem01" and "cmwl" as wrote in tdf. Tried to set road material - no effect.
I even set plane before this wall (like at brianza track) with different materials and set it "Render=False VisGroups=(32) CollTarget=True HATTarget=False" and car still moving through it!
Don't know what to think...

you allready have a invisible copy of the wall? this copy only need the front (the road) side (no top or backside) and you can try if it works when you increase the z-size of this object. i mean select the bottom edge and bring it around 1 m under the road and then select the top edge and bring it maybe around 20 m over the road. i hope it helps.

Alright, more info:
It seems every face i made sometimes (or everytime) can't be hit.
If i import cone from NAS_BritishGP and place it at racing line, cars hit him.
If i make box with same material and place it at racing line, setting "CollTarget=True HATTarget=False Movealbe=True" as cone has - box is uncollidable. But if i name its instance in SCN file like cone (Cone_A01) then it became collidable and moveable. Some experimenting shows that instance name is not case sensitive but if it begins not from "cone" - box became uncollidable. And if such named instance i make Moveable=False - box became uncollidable too. :confused:
Am i missing something obvious?

Hi Kev, assuming face directions are correct, do the AI cars pass through the wall only, or can you drive through the wall only?
If that is the case then the AIW corridors have to be recalculated or adjusted with the wall in position.
Also, you should make HATTarget=True where feedback materials are applied to objects.

Moveable objects Instances must start with the names “sign”, “wall”, and “post” to become loose when stuck by the AI(regardless of corridors being present or not).

Hi Kev, assuming face directions are correct, do the AI cars pass through the wall only, or can you drive through the wall only?
If that is the case then the AIW corridors have to be recalculated or adjusted with the wall in position.
Also, you should make HATTarget=True where feedback materials are applied to objects.

Moveable objects Instances must start with the names “sign”, “wall”, and “post” to become loose when stuck by the AI(regardless of corridors being present or not).
Thanks, ehrlec. Correcting corridors fixed problem mostly. AIs still fly out the track sometimes, maybe because there is pitlane entry goes under gravel zone...

Now i have another problem. Realfeel plugin make rFactor crash when i start race and press RACE. Car spawns at starting grid then Windows7 says that rFactor stopped working. Test day, practice, qualy works fine.

Back