Problems installing tracks

minijem

Hi, I bought rfactor a while ago and have decided to see if I can add a few new tracks. I followed the instructions for the install and have unzipped the files. I am stuck now with which files to put where in the locations folder of rfactor.

Please help!!!!

Jeremy

That is hard to answer in general, because it depends on in which way the the modder putted the folders/files in the zip-file.
That can be for example:
-the complete folder structure like GameData/Locations/Trackfolder
in that case you'll have to unzip into your rFactor installation-folder
-only the Trackfolder
in that case you'll have to unzip into your GameData/Locations-folder
-a structure like: Trackname-folder/GameData/Locations/Trackfolder
in that case you'll have to unzip into a new folder and move the GameData with all content into your rFactor installation-folder

If you still have problems, please post a downloadlink of the track(s), then i can tell you what to do.

A good way to do this, and understand how rf works with files, is to extract/unzip the new content to a temp folder. even if its an exe file.
And when you check that folder you will see how it distributes itself into rfactor. As mentioned is usually either to Locations or just an unzip to the root folder.

I even got into the habit of doing it like this all the time, and manually copying those files/folders into rf. because mods etc are not always zipped correctly.

Back