Tim De Cnodder

hello dear rFactor users

i have a problem with my rFactor.

whenever i start it up i need to full personal info and all in again

when i did that suddenly the program had problems

please help me

Greetz

Tim De Cnodder

If you have Vista or Windows 7, try right-clicking on the rfactor.exe and selecting "Run As Administrator..."

rFactor Start up

I just recently bought rFactor the disc version from amazon. I installed it and tried to run it and it said I didn't have the right disc in my dvd-rom, There was only one disc in the case. What is the problem?

First make sure you haven't renamed the rfactor.exe or any mod/addon you've installed hasn't renamed it.

Also ensure you have administrator access. In Windows Vista/7 right click the rfactor.exe and select "Run As Administrator...". If you have a prior version of Windows, see your Windows documentation on how to set up full administrator rights.

In general, the error you report may be caused by a defective DVD, your DVD drive is not SafeDisc compatible, or the DVD drive (hardware and/or software) is not correctly installed, or a system level issue that is preventing the loader from locating the DVD.

Test the DVD in another computer and if the same error occurs, then the disc may be damaged.

If the disc works fine in another computer, this would likely indicate an issue on your computer that is preventing the disc from being located and/or read. This may be due to CD/DVD emulation software such as Daemon Tools (which you may have to uninstall), or a possible faulty or incorrectly installed DVD drive, or one that is not SafeDisc compatible (such as older or cheaper DVD drives). Check for firmware updates for your DVD drive at the drive's manufacturer website.

But if that was so, if my dvd drive was old and couldn't play, why did it install. Also I purchased two other simulator's GTR Evolution and Race 07 and they run just fine I didn't have any trouble's installing or running but that may be true because i tested the disc on my uncles cpu and it ran fine so I don't know

Because as far as I know, the SafeDisc (DRM) software doesn't run during installation (only when the game is run, and this is where the problems begin).

Well the firmware update did not work, So i'm guessing I will need to buy a new DVD-Rom...

Back