Problems reinstalling the game

forgator

After having work done on my computer I am trying to install Rfactor. When I insert the disk I get the install box.
When I click on that I get the message asking if I want to allow the changes to my computer. When I click on yes,
from then on nothing happens. Any help will be very much appreciated.

You have the DVD Version if i understand it right.

Maybe it's a problem caused by the Windows UAC. I have 3 suggestions.
1. set the UAC to the lowest level and try to install again.
2. browse to the DVD-drive and start the setup with a rightclick on the setup.exe and then choose "Run as Administrator"
3. create a new folder where you want to have rFactor installed and copy the whole content of the DVD, except the setup.exe, into this folder. You also will have to create a shortcut for the rFactor.exe or you start it directly.

Do i need to start a new thread or is ok to ask here
Im having activation issue , rfactor was working up until a system restore was done , now it just asks for activation code and email then does nothing , shut down av and made sure it was not blocked in firewall im stumped , have recieved 2 or 3 emails from isi giving me activation key and no go when cut and paste key into box ,email ???? have loaded rf full install .

Just to be sure... you now have downloaded the installer from the ISI site and already got a new activation key from ISI?

As first the default question: did you try it with running rFactor as Administrator?
Right mouseclick on the shortcut and then choose "Run as Administrator".

Which AV software do you use?

Some freeware AV has to be uninstalled if programs get blocked "without a reason". Deactivating it, is not enough!!

yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled 1255g 2x not having luck with the activations , yes i tried running with admin and get the same activation screen yes i have malwarebytes , emmisoft running stopping both to makesure its not blocked still nothing , i will uninstall the two av then try again Thankyou redapg

Back