Problems with Rfactor 1 launching on computer with Windows8

SI86

I just got this new computer with Win8 on it. I cant seem to get the program to launch when I try to open it. Nothing happens. I tried downloading it multiple times to make sure I didn't goof somewhere.

Anyone else have this problem? if so how did you get around it? Or Wont RF1 run off of a Win8 operating system?

Have you tried running it with administrative privileges and/or in a compatibility mode? If Windows 8 has such items.

Yes I tried to run as administrator. But still nothing. Where could I find compatibility Mode?

Right-click, Properties, Compatibility Tab.

Also, did you transfer the license info to the new machine? You may need to activate it on that machine if you haven't.

Got it working! But now I got to find my Key to unlock the game only can use demo mode. I bought it back in 2011 online and cant find my key anywhere. any suggestions?

E-mail ISI with your order info? Search e-mails on your old machine, if you still have it?

I ended up Emailing ISI. I looked through my old emails but didn't find anything. I hope they get back to me soon Im going through Withdrawl!

Did you try THIS site?

You have the possibility to explain your situation and it's made for users like you, i would say.

@Redapg I did fill out that site about a week ago but haven't got a response back.... =/ So I guess its gonna be a waiting game.

I tried that site.... Sent my info in over a week ago. Havent heard back from them on anything. How long does it take? I thought I seen on the page it takes 2 to 3 days

Is there a way to go on my old computer and retrieving the key from the game file? I don't have the email I checked for that already but I wasn't sure if its there in the file somewhere?

Back