R-factor 1 - download link - AI - simulation

• Thread starter wilson48forever
  • Start date

wilson48forever

Sorry if this a random post but I need to answer a few questions before I get myself in too deep.

I've downloaded RF2 but it seems as if it might not be as 'mod'able' as RF1 - but that might be my inexperience.

I therefore want to download RF1. Is there any issues with having both programs running on the same PC? - Also could someone provide me with a link for 1 click download of RF1?

My second question is based around AI and automated racing.
I'd like to be able to use 10 AI drivers using 10 different configurations of car (which I will mod myself or get someone to do it for me). - Can the AI be told to use 10 different cars?
Also can the race be fully simulated without any driver in the loop and in faster than real time?

I know this might seem daft as RF is a DIL program but I need it to do this initially before I can divulge what my plans are.

Hi

No problem having rf1 and rf2 on the same pc.

download rf1: http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/downloads/

I think with the all cars and tracks mod you can combine anything you want. AI will race anything. (all cars and tracks are provided with rf1 i think)

AI-only race. not sure but you are able to join a server as spectator so that might be a workarround for you. host your own game, add AI, join as spectator and increase time etc.

AI will only drive one car at once, so you would need ten machines with rFactor connected to a dedicated server hosting the race, then get each to be AI driven.

AI will only drive one car at once, so you would need ten machines with rFactor connected to a dedicated server hosting the race, then get each to be AI driven.
Thanks for you reply, however how does the Sim run 'x' number of AI cars with a single player?

Back