radeon pro and opening rf as admin.

hdj

Hi,

Does anyone here know how to launch rfactor from radeon pro when the rfactor.exe is set to run as administrator?

My exe. is set to admin because I have windows7, I've unchecked the admin box but of course rf won't run at all then, although radeon pro will launch rf, it freezes at track loading. (Same as if I did start normally with admin unchecked)

Any solutions known for this ?

I've read this post a few times, and I was quite confused as it didn't make sense to me. A Radeon Pro is a graphics card, and I couldn't work out how you were using it to launch rFactor.

Searching through your old posts on the isi forums, I've found out what your talking about now. When you say Radeon Pro, you are actually talking about Radeon Profile Tool which basically is a overclocking utility. It lies to the computer saying it is a much faster graphics card, potentially with more memory. So rFactor is trying to load to this phantom high powered graphics card and memory, but obviously it's not there causing rFactor to crash.

Solution, stop using Radeon Profile Tool to spoof/overclock your graphics card.

Normally if a process is running as admin and it spawns a process of its own, it is normally also running as an admin. So you might simply try running the profiler as admin and see if that helps.

Not explaining this very well.

I'm using the RadeonPro tool to see if any of the tweaks and adjustments in it improve the graphics in rFactor. In the program there is a feature that launches rFactor from the profiler. I think it is necessary to do this to enable all the adjustments and settings changes to occur, however I am not totally 100% sure this is the case. It may be that just creating a profile for rFactor is enough to enable the changes.

Even so, when I try to launch rFactor from the profiler it will not perform the launch as I have set Rfactor.exe to run as admiistrator. A dialogue box appears saying that I need to verify permissions and that the operation requires elevation.
RadeonPro can't be run as administrator and if I uncheck the administrator box for rFactor.exe the game crashes at track load screen.

It may be that just creating a profile for rFactor is enough to enable the changes.

Possibly. Many profilers pick up when the exe runs.

I believe rfactor has to start from the launcher.

My exe. is set to admin because I have windows7, I've unchecked the admin box but of course rf won't run at all then...
I run rFactor on Windows 8 installed in Program Files (x86) without setting the 'run as admin' flag. Perhaps you have to change the permissions of the folder you're starting rFactor from.

Back