Rain RFEWeather Plugin for rFactor

ToFast

Well this post I've put in the Spanish Forum for rFactor, but I put it on here because I think that is a breakthrough for rFactor 1, WIP at this stage but it looks good:

Spectacular Rain RFEWeather Plugin for rFactor :cool:

Well the guys at Empire rFactor still working on developing rFactor and have created a very very rainy plugin which can be a real breakthrough for rFactor 1.

Here you have the news in full:

rFactor Imperio Plugin Rain in rFactor

That is very very Impressive!! The trail behind the wheels gives such a tire to road contact feeling!! Great Job!

This is amazing. I would love to know how they pulled this off.

I am amazed this hasn't gotten more attention. Does anyone know if this will be released publicly?

A public server is available during the following days to test the physis. More information and downloads here

a few more videos on the plugin status

what is not shown in the video:
grab023t.jpg

grab000a.jpg

Next step, package and publish!!

PS: Noel, magic mostly becomes deception when you know the trick.. :)

Hello Sven, congratulations for your initiative!

May you clarify if will it work with any track or something must be prepared in the track files to work properly with the rain plug-in?
Another point, what about the skyboxes? Does the plug-in replace the original textures or it only tweaks the sky / environment colours either?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Satangoss.

Track and cars require some love to work with the RFE Weather plugin. We are actually discussing internally wheter 'update' or 'adapt' (and now you mention 'prepare' are good words , because almost all the things to change are currently supported by gmotor, but they are disabled or need some fixing. The plugin applies those fixes and realtime performance tweaks, but the changes in the track and car (tires, reflections, etc...) are all the stuff that nobody took care during these years: wet parameters in aiw, wet/spray/rain reactions in scn, and so on.

The fact is, a 'prepared' track as you said, will work the same without the plugin, no clear sky or overcast conditions.

Fortunately, a manual, templates and a modders tool are on the way, to make track changes as easy as we can do, and in the process some tracks, cars and probably a mod will be completely updated by that time.

Another point, what about the skyboxes? Does the plug-in replace the original textures or it only tweaks the sky / environment colours either?

The plugin does take control of the rfactor's ambient structure, materials and code. Everything could be tweaked on realtime, from skybox positioning, rotation speeds, textures and alpha channels for different cloud layouts, ambient lights and material's colours, fogs, temperatures, even the track wetness drying factor can be different now on every track. Obviously, for online experience, the ammount of information that can be changed on realtime has been limited because of network performance. Only a few bytes are exchanged between the client and the server to update those conditions not supported by rfactor itself.

Not perfect, but an enhance.

International pro-modding is preparing a new release of rf_HighVoltage (DRS and Kers systems) to automatically disable DRS under rainy conditions. They have released a new promo video:

Back