Rainspry

BOLLOmanuel

hello!

i'm creating a dirt track and I'm setting the dust and rain spry in .tdf file.
now the dust is amazing, and the rain spay too, but when it rains the dust remains.

why? can I see just the rain spry when is wet race?

thanks

this is the file segment about rain spray and skid

// Gravel
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=0.75 Wet=0.60 Resistance=5000.00 BumpAmp=0.022 BumpWavelen=10.0 Legal=false Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.8 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 Sink=0.017 Sound=gravel
Reaction=dust Tex=DustBrown.tga Max=128 Scale=(1.75,1.75,1.75) Growth=(2.0,2.0,2.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.2,3.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=dirt Tex=Dustroad.tga Max=256 Scale=(2.5,2.5,1.0) Growth=(0.8,0.8,0.8) ASDDEnvelope=(2.0,2.0,1.0) TopSpeed=60.0 DistBetweenParticles=1.0 RampSpeed=50.0 OffsetVel=7.0 DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=softskid Tex=skidbrown.tga Max=1024 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=wetskid Tex=skidmud.tga Max=4096 Duration=10.0 Scale=(0.006,0.006,0.002) power=0.01 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=SrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=spray Tex=rainmud.tga Max=4096 Scale=(0.4,0.5,1.0) Growth=(1.6,0.1,5.0) GrowthVel=(0.1,0.065,1.30) Power=0.21 RampSpeed=40.0 OffsetVel=1.10 ASDEnvelope=(0.05,0.07,1.50) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=grvl

I don't know exactly what you mean. :)

Do you have a dry and a rainy version of the track or are you using the RFE-Plugin or somethin else?

exactly!
I use RFE-plugin, so I can choose sun, cloudly, rain, monson.

in dry conditions my car produces wonderful dust clouds, and that's good.
the problem is that in wet conditions the car produce the mud cloud spray and even the dust clouds.

so here's the question: is it possibile to turn off the DUST cloud during wet conditions?

I found this problem:

if the gravel settings are softskid, dust, wetskid, spray it works (dust in dry conditions, rainspray in wet conditions), but if I add the dirt line, as any other good dirt track, the dust remains in wet race too.

I mean: it seems softkid becames wetskid, and dust becames spray... and dirt??

and maybe you wondering why I just do not delete the dirt line.. well, because without the dirt line the effect is bad

any idea?

Unfortunately i am not so experienced with the plugin and its possibilities to setup a track.
So maybe it would be the easiest to try to get an answer at the RFE-forums too.

Or someone else can help you out here?

thanks redapg ;) anyway

I made some experiment and found a trick: if I rename 'dirt' to 'tiresmoke' it works!

I hope it can help someone un future

Back