RE: Freezing

McLaren MP4

RE: Freezing

playing rfactor went out on track then a few laps or so it froze, could hear the sound that froze and the monitor went to standby. Got the nivida geforce GT 240 with the latest driver. Any suggestions?

Been playing rFactor for long? If so, any such issues previously? Anything changed recently? What sort of specs you running? What mod/track were you running, and have you tried some standard ones to see if it happens? Running any plugins?

Chances are I can't help... but you really need to give more info if you want assistance.

Maybe install the new driver, or lower resolution in the game does not make complete.

Sorry for the translator.

I am guessing you are running vista/Win7? Vista and Win7 have the ability to reset the video card (TDR) when the drivers hang. Older OS's would just BSOD. The screen will go black and the signal goes away as the card resets, 10 seconds or so later the game will resub with the car off the track in the wall. Do you think maybe you are overheating? You could also have a PSU that is dying. Have you added any new hardware that could be adding more load to your PSU?

yea been playing rfactor for quite a while now never had this issue before, got a new computer recently and can run rfactor on full graphics with ease. Gunna try with a older more certified driver and see what happens

I have a Pentium 4 3.00GHz, 350W PSU , 2.0 GB RAM and nvidia Geforce GT240, tried and older driver still didnt work and it freezes for good and I have to restart it. Any suggestions?

Back