rF Lite Install Activation

SteveGee

Is there anyway to get some sort of activation information from ISI for a rF Lite install if you already own the DVD version?

The majority of the F1 2012 mods coming out for rF are using a DRS feature that only works with the Lite install .exe (the one that pops up the Timed Demo information), so my old habit of replacing the Lite .exe with my DVD .exe makes these mods inoperable.

Thanks, Tripp...I'll give this a try.

I take it I won't need some sort of activation with it because that's the problem now with the Lite install...my DVD doesn't require any sort of activation since the disc stays in my DVD player.

Edit - It's identical to the rFLite install .exe...it requires activation.

Last edited:
I think you copy your own .exe from your main install to the lite install. I have the downloaded version so don't have the problem but I'm almost sure what the guys in my league with the DVD do.

As I said in my first post, I can copy the .exe from my main rF install (DVD one) and it works fine.

However, the majority of F1 2012 mods that model KERS and DRS require the digital downloaded version of rF and will not work with the DVD version. There is one that uses the rFHV addone that simulates KERS and DRS zones that works just fine with the DVD version (it's not .exe "sensitive"), but the majority of the F1 '12 mods are using that digital download .exe.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible for someone that owns the DVD version to get some sort of activation from ISI for the digital download install(s).

Ah sorry mate, should have re read the original post, my bad.

Sorry, no. The DVD version and the digital download version are not transferable (we don't actually make the DVD's btw). The DVD has different distributors/sellers than the digital download version. We don't provide activation codes for DVD owners to switch to the digital download version and visa versa. Sorry.

I don't know anything about this mod or its structure, but perhaps talk with the mod group to see if they can make their mod compatible with both versions.

Thanks for the info, Bee.

As far as the mod(s) go, they're just using this KERS/DRS modification that someone made I'm thinking and it's the easiest way to implement both I guess. I actually like the rFHV way myself, as you can control DRS de-activation with the brake pedal and it gives you audio cues about KERS/DRS, something I haven't seen in the generic one's setup instructions.

I'll probably just make my own personal version, using the best of both main mods out now as the car's better in one and the tracks are better in the other.

Back