[rF1] Annoying box showing on top-left corner

Zer0

Hey folks,
I have a problem with rFactor. Whenever I choose to see the full-screen preview of the monitor (while I'm in the garage), I see everytime an annoying box on top-left corner which you can see there marked inside the red box:

That box is shown by rFactor itself, because I tried to figure out if a plugin was the culprit and I didn't solved this problem.
I hope you can help me in fixing that.
Thank you people.

Last edited:
I guess it is because the third part GUI you are using.

The fix is to install the default GUI or a addon one which has not that "telemetry tool".

I have lost confidence with rF (reinstalled it few weeks ago after 2 years and just to run in a league), but if i remember well the only file for the GUI is UI.osc

http://files.imagespaceinc.com/1255g/UIData/

or

http://files.imagespaceinc.com/1255/UIData/

Installing that file (and if havent forgotten other files)

youi will replace your current GUI with the default one.

Just tried to replace UI.OSC but didn't solved the problem.
Also, I already tried to disable EVERY plugin in rFactor and still that box is showing pretty much always (except replays).

Just to know, is there a way to make the fullscreen monitor preview look clean like a fullscreen replay, without those transparent columns on left side?

Just tried to replace UI.OSC but didn't solved the problem.
Also, I already tried to disable EVERY plugin in rFactor and still that box is showing pretty much always (except replays).

Are you using the F1RFT mod with the rFDynHud-Plugin?

Just to know, is there a way to make the fullscreen monitor preview look clean like a fullscreen replay, without those transparent columns on left side?

Not sure what you mean, can you post a Screenshot?

UI might be part of a mod forcing it?

Full screen press 'enter' during replay or livefeed

Yes, I used once the F1RFT 2011 mod (and many of the F1RFT trackpacks), but I only enabled it whenever I needed to use it (via the Generic Mod Enabler utility).

For the second question, here is a screenshot of rFactor while showing a replay (it's pretty much the same of driving on the circuit):

Yes, I used once the F1RFT 2011 mod (and many of the F1RFT trackpacks), but I only enabled it whenever I needed to use it (via the Generic Mod Enabler utility).

For the second question, here is a screenshot of rFactor while showing a replay (it's pretty much the same of driving on the circuit):

I knew that pressing Enter, while in the replay tool, actually removes every piece of UI, but doing this while in the garage does absolutely nothing, so this doesn't solve problems at all.

erm....not really sure what this is about. I don't have transparent columns in preview, nor in full screen preview, replays or just race.

Maybe the 2 issues are related? (as said maybe its a mod-UI) do you have the same issue with other mods?

As I told, I use to switch between mods using the GME tool. Every mod suffers exactly the same problem, so I guess the problem is something "outside" the singular mod.

When i remember correctly......

-the rFDynHud is an additional tool in the F1RFT-Mod, so that "Disabling" the mod will not disable the rFDynHud too.
-and the rFDynHud is used for other mods you have installed too and you have the possibility to set a special look in Race/Practice/Garage.....

So try to disabling the complete tool or try to get rid of the box by setting up the view.

And ..maybe i am to stupid, but your Screenshot of the Replayscreen looks normal to me. Except that you run the game in window-mode.

I already said that I disabled the plugins (including the rF_DynHUD plugin) WITHOUT solving the problem, so, unless something strange, that is not my case and looks like the plugin is not the culprit.
I posted the replay screenshot to make a comparaison between the previous one in order to make evidence of the graphical differences.

Thanks for replying, I'm waiting and looking forward to solve this problem.

The default UI does not have this. You either have a modified UI or a plugin somewhere. If you want to remove it, perhaps easiest would be to install rFactor freshly.

Well, I'll try to replace the UIData folder and see what happens. In the mean time, if someone can tell me where to find the proper file(s) to be replaced, it would be great and more helpful (less wasting of time, primarly).
Thank you people!

Suggestion:
- in the *rfm-folder you'll find the *.rfm file from the mod that is shown in your screens
- open the *.rfm and put 2 slashes // in front of these lines:
OptionsAnim=UIDATA\MOVIES\
OptionsFlags=GAMEDATA\NATIONS\
OptionsSounds=UIDATA\UISOUNDS\
OSCFile=UI.OSC
OptionsDir=UIDATA\

After that it should look like this:
// OptionsAnim=UIDATA\MOVIES\
// OptionsFlags=GAMEDATA\NATIONS\
// OptionsSounds=UIDATA\UISOUNDS\
// OSCFile=UI.OSC
// OptionsDir=UIDATA\

Now save the file and start the game.
The mod now should use the default UI.
If the little window is still there, it has to be a plugin.

Before doing that, make a backup of the original file, because edited *.rfm-files cause online-mismatches.

Well, after doing what redapg said, I saw that the box disappeared, so I went to have a further look on the mod's UI.OSC file and after analyzing almost 30000 lines of text, I found the culprit lines that create that particular annoying box. Just commented those lines and the box magically disappeared. I will take another look to see if I can remove the "column" on the left side, because it appears also with the default UI.OSC file.
For your interest, here is the part I edited:

Code:
// PV Addition ==================================================== Start ====
//             PVDNAME19

Gizmo="APP_TEXTVALUE_REPLAYCURRENTDRIVER"
    {
      Position=(350,579)
      Width_Height=(104,18)
      AttributeSet="12font_test_black"
      Caption1="(1) ds"
      Caption2="l"
    }

Gizmo="APP_TEXTVALUE_INSTANTREPLAYSTATUS"
    {
      Position=(540,580)
      Width_Height=(90,18)
      AttributeSet="12font_test_red"
      Caption1="*LIVE*"
      Caption2="r"
    }

Gizmo="GENERIC_TEXT_ALIGN_LEFT"
    {
      Position=(35,580)
      Width_Height=(94,16)
      AttributeSet="12font_test_grey"
      Caption1="                          R toggles Replay/Live"
      Caption2="l"
    }

//    Gizmo="GENERIC_STATIC_PICTURE"
//    {
      Position=(28,25)
      Width_Height=(130,65)
      AttributeSet="Display_PanelM"
      Caption1=""
      Caption2=""
//    }

//    Gizmo="GENERIC_TEXT_ALIGN_CENTER"
//    {
      Position=(40,30)
      Width_Height=(77,18)
      Caption1="Speed:"
      Caption2="l"
//    }

//    Gizmo="APP_TEXTVALUE_REPLAYSPEED"
//    {
      Position=(78,32)
      Width_Height=(150,15)
      Caption1="Nothing"
//    }

//    Gizmo="GENERIC_TEXT_ALIGN_CENTER"
//    {
      Position=(48,47)
      Width_Height=(77,18)
      Caption1="RPM:"
      Caption2="l"
//    }

//    Gizmo="APP_TEXTVALUE_REPLAYRPM"
//    {
      Position=(78,49)
      Width_Height=(150,15)
      Caption1="Nothing"
//    }

//    Gizmo="APP_TEXTVALUE_REPLAYGEAR"
//    {
      Position=(47,65)
      Width_Height=(150,15)
      Caption1="Nothing"
//    }

// PV Addition ====================================================== End ====

Big thank you people for helping me in solving this problem, thank you so much!

Yeah, the love/hate affair we have with rfactor. Brilliant because we can do just about whatever we want, sux when it does stuff like this :)

Glad it got fixed :)

....... I will take another look to see if I can remove the "column" on the left side, because it appears also with the default UI.OSC file......

Try "uncommenting" these 2 parts in the UI.OSC:

AttributeSet="static_overlay"
{
Size=(166,600)

Frame="X"
{
Pos-w-h=(0,0,166,600)
Surface="static_overlay0000.tga"
}
}

AttributeSet="static_overlay_topbar"
{
Size=(800,25)

Frame="X"
{
Pos-w-h=(0,0,800,25)
Surface="statictopbar0000.bmp"
}
}

Already fixed by commenting another couple of lines. I extracted the content from the UIbkgd.MAS to take a look directly to the images and see what was that "column" image, then I found it named as static_overlay_monitor0000.tga, then searched the reference in the UI.OSC file: after I found it as "static_overlay_monitor", I searched every reference of that string in the rest of the file. After commenting one by one all the places where I found it, doing few tries, I finally discovered the one needed to remove the image only for a particular session. I commented it as follow:

Code:
//  Gizmo="GENERIC_STATIC_PICTURE"
//  {
    Position=(0,0)
    AttributeSet="static_overlay_monitor"
//  }

And fixed also this problem.
Big thank you guys, I appreciated your support.

brvo04.gif

Can't read what is written in your Screenshot. But If you have a screen capture Software Running (e.g. Fraps) in the Backgrounds this could cause this is well

Back