rF1 Lobby Out of Order ? 12/20/2013

Marteau

Hello,

The lobby seems out of order today! Have you the same problem? How can we join a lan-server without the lobby services?
Thanks

Last edited:
Yep your right. The rF1 MatchMaker is down. You should still be able to join by IP address and if it is a LAN server then you don't need the MAtchMaker anyways. Just go into the settings and change the "Refresh List Type" to LAN. You can also connect via the command line like this:
Code:
rFactor.exe +connect <IPAddress>:[Port] [+password "<Password>"]

The password has to be in double quotes even if it doesn't contain spaces.

Thank You Noel,

Was a good gift, but it doesn't work. The game start but i have a "time out" message very soon after starting. (multiplayer.ini/Net Join Timeout is 800.000)

Edit : no password

I just bouth the game today (rfactor 1) and get the error "matchmaker does not respond".. Is that the same problem as you have? I can't see any servers because of this error. Any place to see when it will work again?

Then you have the IP, Port or password wrong. FYI , when you have a bad password you will get the "Join Timed Out" message. It is a little misleading. What method are you using to connect? Command line?
Here is an example command line:
Code:
rFactor.exe +connect 66.225.198.82:34597 +password "notgivingthatout"

I just bouth the game today (rfactor 1) and get the error "matchmaker does not respond".. Is that the same problem as you have? I can't see any servers because of this error. Any place to see when it will work again?
Unlucky you are. Yes that the same problem!

Yes, same problem. ISI knows about it. Hopefully it will be fixed fast.

Yes but be assured this is a very uncommon thing, I can't remember the last time it happened. So don't worry, it will be back. Like Marteau said you've just been unlucky to buy on the day the thing went down.

Okay guys thanks :) i will play offline and check out the servers laters.. cu..

Btw do you think rfactor 2 has the same tracks as rfactor 1?

Okay guys thanks :) i will play offline and check out the servers laters.. cu..

Btw do you think rfactor 2 has the same tracks as rfactor 1?

With time yes. Tons of them are already ported over. Some rush jobs that don't take full advantage of what rF2 is capable of and some of them are really good.

You can find a BTSync share in this thread that will get you most of the rF2 tracks that have been released so far:
https://community.racesimcentral.ne...ations-(torrent)?p=88673&viewfull=1#post88673

I also got the error "Matchmaker did not repsond." and "No Games Available."

I have rFactor 1.255g

I am not behind a router just my internet modem only.

I am running also RSDG Meganes 2.02 Mod.

Good internet 12mb down and 1mb up

Last edited:
Hello,

It's back. It can happen, but it was difficult to live. :)
I've got rF2, but my league doesn't want hear a word about it.

The lobby/matchmaker is back, but I have since yesterday on several rF-Servers constantly synchronizing around 200ms. It is not my internet connection...also the ping seems with around 30ms on the rF Servers ok. Any other noticed that issue?

Then you have the IP, Port or password wrong. FYI , when you have a bad password you will get the "Join Timed Out" message. It is a little misleading. What method are you using to connect? Command line?
Here is an example command line:
Code:
rFactor.exe +connect 66.225.198.82:34597 +password "notgivingthatout"
Sorry Noel & goodmorning in Fl

Just see this message now !!! Then, just want to do that if it's happened another time.

We have do this on a .bat file : rFactor.exe +fullprocc +highprio +connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34297 +password "ourpass". Do not work, then tried without a pass :
rFactor.exe +fullprocc +highprio +connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:34297

Last edited:
You don't have to supply the password if you don't want to. If you don't supply it then it will just prompt you. I have never had problems suppling it though.

My guess is that the double quotes are getting dropped from your batch file. Not sure what else you are doing in that batch but if all it is is launch rF then why not just add the options to your shortcut.

It is a big time saver to have it connect directly to the server without even asking for a password.

BTW, another alternative is to bookmark the server. This is a feature that it seems no one ever notices. To bookmark a server, simply connect to the server and once connected, hit the vote button and then click bookmark. Now exit the server and then go into matchmaker list and you should see your server in bookmarks. This bookmark will work even if the matchmaker is down. The downside is you can't save the password with the bookmark even though there is a password element in the bookmarks.xml file.

Back