rF1 on steam

GregT

I have a rf1 install on my c drive and just installed it to steam also. Got my key and it worked perfectly. Now, can i put tracks and cars from my "c" drive folder into my steam apps cars/tracks folder? it seemed to work fine for an hour at virginia then crashed and wont' do anything anymore. should i delete what i copied over to steam? neither install works now, "c" drive or steam install and now i'm afraid to delete or change anything. It loads and appears to work fine for a while then without warning, gone. with the windows message it has stopped working and windows will notify me if it can figure out why but never does. Thanks for any suggestiions.

Hello Greg,
Sorry I can't help. I came here looking for information as well. I just finished loading rf1 on my computer, and got the Endurance mod up and running. So I went hunting for the Steam "connection." I have AC (kind of a post turtle)in steam just to remind me what a great sim rf2 is. Pointers for making rf1 function in steam would be appreciated.

If your installation does not work anymore, I would definitely recommend "resetting" it. Another thing I would recommend is to create different installs for your mods. This also allows you to try mods without the risk of "destroying" your default install. I wrote up a guide on how to do that in the Steam Community Hub for rFactor: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402188900

Back