Rfactor 1.255c crashing during track loading screen

ShinyF1

I am running on W7 64b and a NVidia GeForce 310M.

Rfactor 1.255 was running fine for years, but became unstable [along with many other things on the laptop]. I have been using various mods, generally F1 season car and track sets.

I reformatted the HDD, reinstalled W7 and rebuilt the machine environment. RF 1.255 would not reactivate as licences had expired, so moved onto 1.255c and got that going OK with SOME but not all mods. For some reason the F1RS2011 and F1 Total 2012 mods lead to it crashing towards the end of the track loading screen and I have no idea what to do to fix it.

Any ideas?

It's frustrating because I have had all of the mods working OK, but no success with new install of RF

The CTD was caused by a new anti-virus program in my case: Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. The solution was to set the antivirus scan to "permissive". This will lower virus signature detection when connected to the Internet so use with caution. Other anti-virus programs will have similar settings on their control panels so it may be worth a try in your case. Sim Commander 3 was also CTD'ing which was solved by the "permissive" setting in the anti-virus section of the control panel for Bitdefender.

ISI may want to notify Bitdefender that their program is not a virus to resolve this problem in future updates. rFactor 2 was unaffected and continues to run normally.

Last edited:

Back