Rfactor 1 and multiplayer

Mr.Bum

I intend to buy Rfactor. Is it okay to buy Rfactor 1 rather than Rfactor 2. What are the things I would miss from Rfactor 2 ? Is the multiplayer game smooth ?

I intend to buy Rfactor. Is it okay to buy Rfactor 1 rather than Rfactor 2. What are the things I would miss from Rfactor 2 ? Is the multiplayer game smooth ?
Rfactor 1 probably has the most smooth multiplayer in online racing.
Rfactor 1 is an almost 10 years software. It was(is) the most used simracing title from last years. If you buy it you wont be dissapointed.
Of course rfactor 2 takes you to another level....

The big plus for rf1 is the gazillion of mods and tracks, you will literally never run out of new stuff. (also the tools, plugins, gadgets)
Not sure how active MP in rf1 is atm but I think its still pretty active.

It can be a biatch to install stuff and keep it running, need a bit of experience in that, but when you have, then its rather seaming less.

What you would be missing in rf2, sim-wise, allot. real road (rubber builds on-track) , new physics, new tire model, dynamic weather and lightning, when it works, and it gets better and better with each build, it is both heaven and hell. awesome sim that sucks you in and doesn't let go, and hugely frustrating due to that. it sure aint easy :)

MP in rf2 is not up the a level we would like to see, at all. maybe the big disappointment so far.

They both got demo's so try them out with the above in mind. either way, its gonna be fun :)

Back