rfactor 1. multiple controllers, Windows 7 64 bit

gmherring

I am having an issue with rfactor recognizing multiple controllers. I had a perfectly working Windows XP (32bit) install of rfactor using a Logitech g25 wheel with a Leo Bodnar SLI-M controller with several buttons. In rfactor the SLI-M was seen as Joy3 and the G25 was seen as Joy 1. All of the buttons worked with no issues on both controllers. The leds and gear indicators for the SLI-M were controlled using the SLIMax manager software and all worked fine.

I needed to upgrade to Windows 7. I am using the 64 bit version and as I always do I did a completely fresh install. I installed all the Logitech software for the G25 and the SLI-M is using the new SLIMAX2 software. Windows 7 recognizes both the G25 and the SLI-M in the control panel and the test functions show that all buttons and other functions are recognized by the OS.

Now for the problem.

In rfactor the G25 seems to be recognized OK. I can assign all of the controls normally associated with the wheel. The Leds and gear indicator on the SLI-M which are controlled by the plugin and SLIMAX software also work with no problem. However none of the buttons on the SLI-M are recognized by rfactor.

Initially I thought that the problem was due to the fact that I had copied my XP install over to Windows 7 in order to retain all of my settings. So I then tried a completely fresh install with no luck. The only thing that I have determine is that if I unplug my keyboard and g25 (both usb devices) then the SLI-M buttons start to work. The keyboard is a Saitek Gaming keyboard and is seen by the OS as a gaming device. Rfactor is supposedly able to handle three usb devices but apparently the SLI-M is getting the boot by the keyboard and the g25.

The only other odd thing that I have seen is that the g25 and SLI-M buttons both show up as Joy1.

I am really frustrated with this as everything I have read says that this should work just find under Windows 7.

The only other odd thing that I have seen is that the g25 and SLI-M buttons both show up as Joy1.

This,
might indicate there is another controller messing things up. i'm sure you checked but just incase, is there a tablet or any other type of controller plugged in as well? Doesn't have to do anything with rfactor, still can intefere.

For the rest, my knowledge is limited :-(

Back