rFactor 1 now unusable cannot be reinstalled

Tony Fendall

Hi,
rFactor starts with a new dialogue box asking me to 'buy or unlock'.
I already paid years ago and had a working copy a few weeks ago.
I have an order number activation code username and password.
The dialogue box tells me I am not connected to the Internet : I am.
I have run the trial OK with all my original settings but now have 29 mins left of the trial.
What is going on?
Tony
p.s. Can't run at all now.

Absolutely; I need to add I get the certificate message also as experienced by a previous poster, which was unanswered.

And you really downloaded and installed the shown version: rFactor v1255g Full Installer ?

I ask because you've said you have the possibility to "buy or unlock", that was shown at the old version when i remember right.

The new one should give the options: purchase/activate/demo

Did you notice this:

Note: If you purchased rFactor before November 2012, you will need to convert your old Purchase Order Number into a Key. This page will help you.

Hi,
rFactor starts with a new dialogue box asking me to 'buy or unlock'.
I already paid years ago and had a working copy a few weeks ago.
I have an order number activation code username and password.
The dialogue box tells me I am not connected to the Internet : I am.
I have run the trial OK with all my original settings but now have 29 mins left of the trial.
What is going on?
Tony
p.s. Can't run at all now.
Latest news. Had to buy rf again to clear the start dialogue box. Now it crashes windows explorer each start, force feedback will not work and was needing setting for each car before failing completely now, I currently think it's a complete rip off. Such a pity as it used to be a rock solid game and a great sim. now completely useless.
Going to uninstall and reinstall until my patience runs out.
2 hrs in I have reinstalled with no FFB available no settings work just spring centering. Will install Real Feel to see if that works, will add to this post.
RealFeel installed with not change and no response to any settings, i.e. no rumble strip feel as I had when I first installed, but it only lasted until I chose a new car. I constantly have to remap throttle brake etc and the saving does not save, if you get my meaning. Fed up now and giving up until I have 12 clear hours to spend hacking. Windows explorer does not crash now, that's the only progress.

Last edited:
The need to remap controls sounds like you've installed rF in a directory your user doesn't have write access to. The other stuff seems very weird, especially that you had to repurchase it?

I have a similar problem in that I downloaded 1255g to reinstall and reactivate on a new machine. So I had to go through the Licence conversion process. That was about 80 hours ago and I have still not received any response.

I have a similar problem in that I downloaded 1255g to reinstall and reactivate on a new machine. So I had to go through the Licence conversion process. That was about 80 hours ago and I have still not received any response.

Same thing here. I hope they get me "converted" soon.

Back