Rfactor 1, what's the best f1 mod & f1 trackpack ????

Adrianstealth

I'm a bit out if date

There's a few to choose from now,

Any advice ?

In my opinion exists a few great mods for Rf1. FSONE 2008 is my favourite its great in gameplay and graphics too. You have the CTDP 2005 and CTDP 2006 they are great mods too. More recently the F1 RFT 2011 and F1RFT 2012 are the best choices. F1 Total 2012 i havent tri it yet but i ve listened some good opinions about that.
Trackpacks the F1 RFT 2012 and F1 IMT 2012 are how most perfect in realism and quality are the bettest for me.

Iceman thanks

So shall I go for RFT 2011 or 2012. .....I guess the 2012 is better right?

2013 is in progress for rf2 so maybe best I get use to it in rf1 hey

Do welcome mate.
I like both of mods but the 2012 its a little more real and difficult to play and the details of the cars are great.. Tracks i choose the IMT 2012 because in all of tracks seems replics from real circuits!!! Well made from guys of IMT Series.

Hiya

Gosh I'm not doing to well

Rft2012 -installed nicely but crashes right after track loads
(About a second after entering car)

&

IMT -I can't find a download link anywhere

Any ideas ?

Try do a new installation running as administrator. maybe some file have caused the issue and game crashes.. Whats yours graphics config? That MOD its a little heavy. Today i ve installed the F1 TOTAL 2012 and its a good MOD too. Nice gameplay very smooth for non top Computers or a little "overtaked" for today s day. In Graphics could be a little better but its too fun to play. with nice phisics and performances for 2012 season well close to reality!! i ve liked.

Hiya

Gosh I'm not doing to well

Rft2012 -installed nicely but crashes right after track loads
(About a second after entering car)

&

IMT -I can't find a download link anywhere

Any ideas ?

I have this mod installed with rFactor 1255C. It's working fine tho I do have my install set to DX9. This could be what your issue is. Mods today are made only for DX9. If your using DX7 or 8, this could be the reason for it crashing.

If you have the 1255C install, not 1255F which is the Trymedia licensed version you want be able to use the RFT weather plug-in. This will also cause the 1255C version to crash when entering the track.

I tried nearly all F1 mods and trackpacks.

F1 WCP is the king in my opinion. Get F1 WCP 2012 1.3 and the F1 WCP 2012 Tracks. The F1 RFT 2012 trackpack is also ok, but most WCP-Tracks are better.

F1 RFT F1 Mod is overrated imho.

I will not call myself a modder, but I helped WCP with their moving DRS wings and then also started working on custom F1 2014 tracks, including Soshi and Austria. The guys in my league all reckon our tracks and cars are the best... but obviously it's all based on other people's base mods. WCP is the best imo as well... and that's why I worked on theirs to get ours the way we want them for a proper championship.
Our tracks have moving Flags, flying Helicopters... Cemara flashing from crowds etc. I am obviously still learning, but I am in the process of implementing moving pit crew as well. High Dev of course... so it might still take a while.
The other thing we're working on is a fantasy F1 championship... but instead of doing a 1 year specific thing... we are doing an app with which you can build your own team, your own car (Using any front wing, rear wing, base body, tyre brand, steering wheel, engine make & model) of the past 7 years. So you can use a Ferrari Front Wing from 2008 on a Base body of a BMW Sauber of 2008 and the nose cone from the Lotus 2014 and rear wing of the RB7. You will then chose your team colors and your car will be skinned according to that... as well as list of sponsors of your choice...
If you drive a V12 Honda Engine and the other guy a V6 Turbo Hybrid from 2014... you will be able to hear the diffent engines as well. But obviously because it's going to be used for a championship... physics, weight, engine and gearbox files will be identical. Performance wise, the cars will be exactly the same... but they'll be visually designed specifically to each team's personal imagination.

www f1league co za to find out more

Unfortunately WCP and IMT trackpacks are not perfect. Come to my blog to get a list of the best Tracks for F1.

Back