rFactor Activation Again?

DKBrown12

Hi, all.

I'm new on the forum. I purchased rFactor months back and had no problems with it. However, I downloaded a mod a few days ago, and afterwards on startup it brings me to the buy/unlock screen. Upon clicking that I have already paid, it says "internet connection required". Why did this happen, and how do I fix it?

Thanks.

Sounds really strange. Are you sure that the "mod" was absolutely free of viruses?

I've never heard of a mod that crashes the activation-data of rFactor.

EDIT 1 other idea. When you've got a new rfactor.exe coming along with the mod you've downloaded, what normally is more then unusual, it can be that this is blocked by a firewall or Anti Virus Software.
But this normally should never happen without any warning from the modders.
Was the mod packaged in a *.zip file?
If yes, unpack it into a new folder and look if it contains a rfactor.exe.
If yes, i would install original rfactor into a new folder again and see if that runs normal. Then you can try copying the original rfactor.exe over the one that came with the mod.

Last edited:
It seems to be. It was the VHR stockcar mod, and after you mentioned it, it did say something about replacing the "rFactor.exe" file into the mod but I did not understand it at the time. I downloaded the "rFactor.exe" file again and replaced the old one with it and everything seems to be working fine again. Thanks redapg!

Have you fixed this, cos I am now having the same problem. I have had rFactor since it came out and then today get exactly the same problem you describe, but I havent installed any new mods lately, and it occurs with all my rFactor installs, even ones that have been working for years. It also comes up with a security alert, on which the 1st two items have ticks, but the 3rd says "The name on the security certificate is invalid, or does not match the name of the site"

Last edited:

Back