rfactor cannot activate

aabry

Hi, I've just reimaged my machine, and upon installing rfactor and attempting to activate it with the original activation key, I get an error: Server error occurred, please try again later. I've contacted rfactor and they tell me its a firewall issue or soemthing to do with my network. I believe them, but I've added rfactor to the allowed list of my firewall, I cannot find a place in my antivirus to allow the connection, can someone please point me in the direction I need to go? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Andy

Do you use a freeware anti-virus-software?
If yes, i fear you will have to uninstall it to get rFactor connected to the internet, if it is blocked by this software.

But notice: you really have to UNINSTALL it, just deactivating it is not enough!!!!!!

Yes I use avast. I think I used avast before and it activated fine. I will uninstall it and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've uninstalled the antivirus software, its all gone. I'm not sure what else to do from here. Activation has never been an issue in the 3 years that I've owned the game. In that time I have reimaged my computer several times and never ran into this type of problem. Any other ideas?

Me too. Im left out in the cold as well. I have just updated my pc and transfered the files from the old hard drive. When I go to activate the program there is a window telling me that I have to connect to the internet manually.

I had forgotten that I posted here, its been 5 months and still no activation. I've contacted rFactor and they've told me there is nothing they can do. I have a product key not an order number. I used a key when I installed previously and had no activation problems. I've turned off windows firewall, uninstalled antivirus, port forwarded on my router, not sure what else to do here...can anyone suggest other ideas?

Sounds a bit strange.

Can you tell what exactly you have done?...
- which version do you have installed
- is it a complete fresh installation?
- did you download it new from HERE ?

And can you post a screenshot of the appearing message please.

By the way, when you have registered/activated the game when you've bought it, you should have an order-number.
Or how did you get the Product-Key?

I have no experience with the online activation of rFactor1, because i have the DVD-version but if it's the same as with rFcator 2, you must have got an order-number.

Got it fixed. I assumed the customer support would have informed me that there was a newer version of the game. I dug a little deeper and found my version to be 1255c which isn't the latest. I downloaded 1255g and it activated with out any problems. Ironically, the older version of the game, which I did not delete, now works fine after the activation of the newer version. Either way, I'm back to racing! Thanks for all the help and input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brvo04.gif

Back