rFactor Config won't show my graphics card.

kimdrummel

Hello!

Having trouble starting up rFactor since i upgraded my computer with a new graphics card.
The config windows is completely empty and if i try to start the game it just crashes back to desktop.

I have provided an image of the config window here: View attachment 16179

It's not possible to run in windowed mode either.

My setup is as follows:
AMD 1100T CPU
16 gig ram
GTX 980

Latest drivers installed. 347.88

Is it located inside the main fractor folder? it should.

it should say rfactor as well instead of gmotor2 in the title of the window. or maybe that's changed.

I would get rfactor-Lite and dump it over the current install, see what it does.
Or install rf-Lite on a different location if you aren't sure, and see if that one works.

Is it located inside the main fractor folder? it should.

it should say rfactor as well instead of gmotor2 in the title of the window. or maybe that's changed.

I would get rfactor-Lite and dump it over the current install, see what it does.
Or install rf-Lite on a different location if you aren't sure, and see if that one works.

It is inside the main folder.

I don't know about what the window should be called.

I have tried dumping rfactor lite over it. No difference.

Gonna try installing it in another location...

Hello!

Having trouble starting up rFactor since i upgraded my computer with a new graphics card.
The config windows is completely empty and if i try to start the game it just crashes back to desktop.

I have provided an image of the config window here: View attachment 16179

It's not possible to run in windowed mode either.

My setup is as follows:
AMD 1100T CPU
16 gig ram
GTX 980

Latest drivers installed. 347.88

delete license/activation files and reactivate

Try deleting the config.ini found in your main rFactor folder 1st,it should auto make you reactivate.

Already tried that. It does not happen.

Edit: Tried deleting the .rfactor folder in my documents. This triggered a new activation. I entered my key and email and activated it successfully, but it still will not detect my graphics hardware. Same problem as before. :(

Someone from ISI that can help maybe?

Last edited:
Just a suggestion: run the rF Config.exe directly with a mouse-rightclick and selecting "Run as Administrator" then.

Back