rFactor configuration stuck at 1280 as the highest resolution

Sweeper

Well my rFactor configurator refuses to let me set a higher resolution than this after I migrated to Windows 7.
Why I suspect might be the video memory that it reports as -299Mb.
Yes, that is a negative number, while up till now I have googled around and found a force resolution via the config using the number for 1920 x 1080.
But now I am getting a problem in a few days, it is not often you know when the problem arrives but in this case I do.

I intend to go with Eyefinity and 3x monitors for rFactor use and other applications.
So my question is, what is the mode setting or fix so I can set it to the proper Eyefinity resolution which I guess I have to do?
The resolution in question will be 5760 x 1080.

My hardware.
Intel Xeon W3520 (Core i7 920 equivalent.)
EVGA X58 3x SLI Classified (E759)
1x ATi Radeon HD 5970 2Gb (2x GPUs at 1Gb.)
1x ATi Radeon HD 5870 1Gb
6Gb of RAM.

So any solutions for me? My abusing of my "Google slave" haven't yelded any results.

Well only way to make the problem go away is simply to YANK the 3rd GPU out of the system, but that is a pain to do to set the resolution.
Which is why the number for the gamemode would be nice to have on hand, as for the latest drivers... Well I do not have the latest but for a reason they do not work.
I am running a beta driver that came out around April 2010 and that one have been rock solid so far.

Okay I found the solution, and it seems to be a fault from the developers.
Their latest patch didn't include the updated rFactor configurator, I found another and snatched it from the repository and BAM! Now it doesn't care about video memory anymore and allows me to set whatever the hell I wish in there from the list.
And rFactor really does look great with 3 monitors.

Not sure where you downloaded rfactor, but I can assure you the newest version of rfconfig comes with 1255. I download it from our website on a weekly basis to ensure it is working and installs without any corruption.

Not sure where you downloaded rfactor, but I can assure you the newest version of rfconfig comes with 1255. I download it from our website on a weekly basis to ensure it is working and installs without any corruption.

And THAT's the sort of quality control that makes for happy experiences! Thanks!

Well I think it was from rFactor central a long time ago I think, but yeah the .exe was updated to 1255 but the tool was not, so I found somebody who had gotten support from you who had a link to the repisotory and nabbed the fresh updated tool from there and off I went.

Back