Rfactor crashes to desktop when trying i press Load circuit

sfladager

Hi,
I bought rfactor a few years ago and haven't played since probably 09... Just installed rfactor because I finally got a new computer. I have not activated yet because i am getting a new hard drive and will be reformatting shortly.
I am trying to test my system and steering wheel with rfactor with the free trial and everything loads up real quick and works smoothly, however when i try to load the circuit the game crashes to the desktop. I have tried all sorts or combinations of settings and completely shut off my anti virus's. I have both kaspersky and MSE. I am using the driving force GT steering wheel that is meant for the ps3, but i installed the proper drivers just before installing the game.

Not sure whats going on...

I have a AMD FX 6100 6core processor
Windows 7 64 bit
ASUS EAH6670 741mb video card

Thanks for the help.

I actually had the same problem. I found that I had to run as administrator to get rFactor to run correctly. I too am running win7 64bit on a new computer. Once I ran as admin the game was stable.

Hope this helps,
Jim Bonnet

Well, thanks for the info but this did not solve my problem, the only thing it did the screen went black for 2 seconds instead of immediately crashing to desktop.

I can't understand what is going on since 5 days ago, when i installed it for the first time on this machine, it worked fine for 2 days, after that i wasn't able to play due to this crash to desk thing.

I re-installed a fresh install and nothing, removed rfactor from reg and nothing...

anyone?!?! PLEASE HELP!!

Win7 64, radeon 6870, fx 4100.

NEVER had that problem before! and now i've bought t500 RS and it's very frustrating!!

Well, thanks for the info but this did not solve my problem, the only thing it did the screen went black for 2 seconds instead of immediately crashing to desktop.

Hey!

Yeah, this is insanely frustrating and I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. I followed the above instructions and got exactly the same result; black screen for a couple of seconds but still a crash. I'm running Windows 8 (much to my dismay...)

Please, can someone help! I've reinstalled countless times, it's getting ridiculous now!

I had the same problem, and after searching for a long time I found a solution.
Right click the rFactor icon on your desktop, and go to properties.
Click on the tab Shortcut, and under target it should say something like C:/Program files(X86)/rFactor.
At the end of that line, simply add this :

+fullproc +highprio trace=4

and click accept.
If it gives an error, make sure there's a space just in front of +fullproc.

I had the same problem, and after searching for a long time I found a solution.
Right click the rFactor icon on your desktop, and go to properties.
Click on the tab Shortcut, and under target it should say something like C:/Program files(X86)/rFactor.
At the end of that line, simply add this :

+fullproc +highprio trace=4

and click accept.
If it gives an error, make sure there's a space just in front of +fullproc.

im having the exact same problem. i tried that but it gives me an error when i do it. i even put the space.

How does the entry in the target line looks?
If it has quote chars at the beginning and at the end you have to add +fullproc +highprio trace=3 outside of it.
It should look like this then:
"C:\rFactor\rFactor.exe" +fullproc +highprio trace=3
and without quote chars:
C:\rFactor\rFactor.exe +fullproc +highprio trace=3

That was how i did it and it didn't work so i just reinstalled the game it works fine now. thanks for the help any ways.

Back