Rfactor Crashes With too Many AI

chase94

this just started yesterday. For some reason if i add about 40-45 AI drives Rfactor will crash with a runtime error. It happens offline too. I used to be able to run with about 70 AI cars. It seemed to start after i switched some car sounds but i don't see how that could cause it. Any help?

Had the same issue this evening while doing an online race. I use win8 and therefore rfactor´s 1255c.exe. Online there where 35 drivers.
I ask the same: any help?

Thanks, i´ll give a try...i thought, it wouldn´ t be necessary with win8 64 bit, 16GB RAM, intel i7-3820 and GTX670. But hardware is new and the game is old...;)

rFactor running out of memory? Try 4gb patch, see if that helps http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Thanks Type-R!!! I was having the same problem... Win7 64 bit, 16GB of RAM, and I'd get CTDs whenever I'd run more than 40 AI, more frequently the more opponents I ran. Couldn't finish a whole VLN lap with over 60 cars most of the time. This little fix and now I can run 100 cars, no problem!

*ISI should seriously consider providing a new executable with this enabled, for 64 bit machines with more than 4GB!*

Back