rFactor Dedicated Crash - Memory Usage Immense

Tiago Lourenço

Hello guys.

This is more a question for the developer but who knows, maybe someone else can help.

Basically, in my community we are hosting some endurance events and unfortunately the server after some hours, normally between 2 and 3, the dedicated crashes.

However, some seconds before the last crash I could check the memory usage and it was in about 932MB after 3 hours. The dedicated had 500MB at the start.

Crash Error:

Code:
Assinatura do problema:
  Nome do Evento de Problema:	APPCRASH
  Nome da aplicação:	rFactor Dedicated.exe
  Versão da aplicação:	1.2.5.5
  Carimbo de Data/Hora da Aplicação:	50cf6381
  Nome do Módulo com Falhas:	rFactor Dedicated.exe
  Versão do Módulo com Falhas:	1.2.5.5
  Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo com Falhas:	50cf6381
  Código de excepção:	c0000005
  Desvio de Excepção:	0003ab90
  Versão do SO:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17
  ID de Região:	2070
  Informações Adicionais 1:	0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Informações Adicionais 3:	0a9e
  Informações Adicionais 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

(had no time to translate - Google Translator)

Code:
 Problem signature: 
 Problem Event Name: APPCRASH 
 Application Name: rFactor Dedicated.exe 
 Application Version: 1.2.5.5 
 Stamp Date / Time of Application: 50cf6381 
 Fault Module Name: rFactor Dedicated.exe 
 Faulty Module Version: 1.2.5.5 
 Stamp Date / Time Module with Failures: 50cf6381 
 Exception code: C0000005 
 Deviation Exception: 0003ab90 
 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.1296.17 
 Region ID: 2070 
 Additional Information 1: 0a9e 
 Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 
 Additional Information 3: 0a9e 
 Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The server was with around 25 fives players and 15 spectators.

We also have a plugin for a livetiming application.

Do you have any idea what can be causing this? The mod? The Plugin?

We have the plugin working on others server with others mod and it doesn't crash. Not so many players tho.

Which mod/track(s) are you using?
500 MB for a fresh started dedicated server at rFactor1 is very much.

Is the dedicated server running with admin-rights?
Do you use customized skins, which maybe all have a resolution of 2048x2048 or higher?
How much RAM is available at the machine the servers runs on and how much is used?
Is it a 64bit machine and do you use the 4 GB RAM Patch for rFactor?
What else is running on that machine (homepage, downloadarea...)?

I also noticed high memory useage when I setup a rfactor1 server in the past. After checking, it was the java live timing maxing out the ram.
The server didn't crash like yours, but it did make the server lag as it was disk thrashing/file swapping in the end.

To fix the problem, I had to change a value in one of the live timing config files.

:)

Which mod/track(s) are you using?
500 MB for a fresh started dedicated server at rFactor1 is very much.

Is the dedicated server running with admin-rights?
Do you use customized skins, which maybe all have a resolution of 2048x2048 or higher?
How much RAM is available at the machine the servers runs on and how much is used?
Is it a 64bit machine and do you use the 4 GB RAM Patch for rFactor?
What else is running on that machine (homepage, downloadarea...)?

- We never run it as admin. This or any other server. this happens with a fresh instalation, mod, with and without 4GB ram patch, with low and hight quality textures and even without they.
- we have a quad core server with 8GB and running on windows server 2008 R2 x64
- We also run, our website and all download stuff but, a big part of the download stuff its on a subdomain and its stopped when racing.

-The plugin was build by us to allow races in practice mod for endurance, but its running on ALL servers and this one its the only one that crash's....

I think that dedicated server don't run 3d files and skins so, "excluding" that what can do this? gen* errors?

We never had such problems like that with our servers.
Sometimes the server crashes when changing the track, where the reason is the track itself.

So i never had to look after what happens when the dedi starts.

I am also not sure what the dedi loads when it starts up. But there must be something that is loaded.
I tested it and there are differences, depending on the settings...
An example:
- dedi started with a sportscar mod and 12 tracks: RAM-usage: 35000 K
- then started with only 1 of these tracks (GP de Paris light), RAM-usage: 278000 K
- then started with only 1 of these tracks (Indianapolis Road), RAM-usage: 27000 K

It's a bit strange that loading one track needs 278000 K RAM and all tracks only 35000.

So there must be something that is loaded depending on what you've set in the options.

But this would have to be answered by ISI......

Did you try to find out if the track(s) or the mod is the reason by changing it with some which work on other servers?
Or deleting all plugins?
Sometimes it's hard to find out what causes servercrashes.

And most of the times it is the mod or the track or sometimes a plugin that causes it, i would say.

Well... Yesterday night i did a deepest test... There's some diference from what we've said.

The mod is the Endurance Series + addon, so a mount two servers...

1 - Endurance Series SP2 + patch
2 - Endurance Series SP2 + patch + addon

The first when started uses 67MB or Ram, after load 32 AI uses more 4MB. When a driver enter in server it uses more 2/3 MB and stay there's but when that guy leaves ram usage go almost intantly to 250/280MB...

The second one when started uses 64MB or Ram, after load 32 AI uses more 4MB. When a driver enter in server it uses more 2/3 MB and stay there's but when that guy leaves ram usage go almost intantly to 550/580MB... :rolleyes:

I think if its possible that when 4/5 guys leave at same instant server ram usage increase so fast that make it crash...

Maybe that it could be the reason.

Was that the situation, that a few drivers left the server at the same time, when the server crashed?

And sorry when i ask, but what is the Addon?

Back