rFactor Dedicated Server IP address?

Scott Przybylski

I have a server that has multiple IP addresses. How can I specify the IP address for rFactor Dedicated server to use? Right now its not using the one I want it to use. Also the server list appears to be saying the server is on a different IP than it actually is. I can only connect if I add the IP manually.

I couldn't find anything in the multiplayer.ini to set this.

Thanks,

Scott

I use no-ip http://www.no-ip.com/ so you have same adress always it i free easy when your ip chance every time you reboot your pc

If you have new ip next day update the ip with the no-ip small program so you always have the name correct instead of show your ip

Last edited:
Not quite what I was asking.

I have 3 static IPs with the server, they never change. I don't need no-ip. Plus I already have my own domain name.

The problem comes when running rFactor Dedicated Server. It doesn't give me an option to allow me to specify the IP address to bind the server to. I did find a program that lets me work around this problem though. ForceBindIP

I hope ISI adds this as an option in rF2, since having more than one network card becomes more and more common these days. However, thanks for posting the solution you found!

Back