rFactor does not export or when in admin mode does not show replay files

Taxi645

Hello all,

I have somewhat of a strange problem. I'm trying to export a video from a second (HistorX) install of rFactor. Strange thing is, I see rFactor exporting audio en video just fine without error. However I don't seem to find any replay or movie file afterwards. If I run rFactor in admin mode (win 7) I don't see the replay files in game anymore.

Can anyone see right away what the problem is here. I'll give a bit more detail if it is not just a very quick and easy thing to fix. Thanks.

You should always run rFactor as admin. It stores files in one place when running as admin and another if you run it normal.

If it isn't running as admin it will put files in:
Code:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor

And if you run as admin it puts files here:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor

So to avoid confusion it is best to always run rFactor as admin or simply disable UAC. If you want to always run rFactor as admin then right click on rFactor.exe and then select Properties and then click the Compatability tab and then put a check in the box at the very bottom that tells it to always run as admin. If you do that then you no longer have to right click on the icon and select Run as admin every time.

Back