rFactor error opening vertex shader error

SkilledRacer

I am no longer able to start rFactor as I get the vertex shader error for SRPL and many other shaders, I tried overwriting them with rF Lite but that hasnt solved it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: sorted the issue with SRPL but now I have SRW_CARBODY_T0SPECBUMPCUBE.VSH as an issue which is inside the shift street shaders folder, any help?

Last edited:
Normally, when mods use other than the default shaders, they point to an own shader folder in the rfm file of the mod.

Take a look at it and control if the shader files are present in the folder which is listed in the rfm file of the car/mod, where that message appears. If not, put them into it.

I've checked in the rFm file and the file shows that the shaders should be in 'GameData\Shared\Shift_Street_Shaders' and that is where all the shaders are found for the mod. The file that is named SRW_CARBODY_T0SPECBUMPCUBE.VSH is also present in the Shared folder for Shift Street aswell. Any other solutions?

And the error message appears with the Shift Street Mod only, or also with (an)other car(s).

This error appeared after I swapped what mod I had selected ingame to SFDC by ITO V1.01 and it now means I am unable to load rFactor without that error popping up.

What happens when you close the game, open the folder ..\UserData\[Your Player Name] and move all *.CCH files to e.g. a new folder on the desktop, and then start the game again and select the SFDC?
The error is still there?

Is the SFDC by ITO V1.01 also using customized Shaders?

And if you again move the CCH files out of the described folder, start the game and select a default ISI vehicle?

I assume that the SFDC mod is using custom shaders but for the second part of that I am completely unable to launch the game fully. The screen goes black as it is loading the game then the error pops up and if I press enter my game will return to desktop.

Could you again install the light version over the existing one?
That should make it possible to load original ISI cars.

Should I put the .cch files back aswell? I've overwritten the install with the Lite version

Hm, that's strange.
You can't select and drive an original ISI vehicle on an original ISI track after installing the light version over the existing installation?

Another try: move again all CCH AND all PLR files out of the ..\UserData\[Your Player Name] folder, start the game and create a new profile.
What happens then?

Can you exactly say from which mod/track to which mod/track you changed, when the error appeared the first time?

Before this error occurred I had the Shift Street mod open and then I switched to the SFDC mod before I closed my rFactor, I didn't change the track selected ingame only the mod and now I tried changing to an older .plr file which has the F1 1996/97 mod by GPTeam loaded and that still doesn't work. After removing all .cch and .plr files it still comes up with the same error and I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall my rFactor :(

I will try to reproduce that here.

I've found the Shift Street Mod V 0.61b2 here on an older Harddisk. Is that the Version that you use?

Yes v0.61b2 is the version I have, however I have installed multiple addons from F1CLASSIC however the latest being the Honda Integra DC5 addon by BerScott.

Before i proceed here.

Please replace the Coreshaders.MAS file in your ..\GameData\Shared folder with the one that i've attached here.
And then try again.

The error message is still present after overwriting the coreshaders

Unfortunately (or fortunately :)) i can't reproduce the error here yet.

Can you tell me what exactly you did?
Which car was the last one you used from the Shift Street mod, before you changed to the SFDC?
And did you join a track with the SFDC, before you left the game?
And which track(s) did you use?

The more exact, the bigger the chance that i get the same thing here.
With downloadlinks from tracks/ addons if possible.

The only thing that is strange, is the fact that the original content don't work, even if you install the light version over the old one.
That normally works in (almost) every case.
Or your installation is hopelessly overfilled with content.

The problem I find is that it may be extremely difficult to reproduce my error because I installed multiple extras for Shift Street whether that be cars or tracks etc.

I didn't go onto a circuit after selecting SFDC.

The last track I recall using with Shift Street was Homestead Miami

The last car I used may have either been the Dodge Charger Hellcat by Mast3rrmini which can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oedr2s2sd9zp8/MAST3RMiNi's_Cars

Yes, seems to become an endless story. The Dodge don't appears in the menu and i don't want to change it, to make it appear, to keep the original files.
So there must be more that i need to install.

I would need your whole installation, to really get the same circumstances that you have.

And, as mentioned before, the overriding with the original ISI Installer should make it possible to start the game, pick an original car and drive on an original track.
But as you said, that don't works.

So there seems to be something really messed up.

When i understand you right, you've used the Shift Street mod for a longer while without any problems, right?
Do you remember what you've added to the game, between the last time it worked and the moment the error showed up the first time?

That is correct, I have used Shift Street for a while without any errors occurring and this is the first time a severe error has shown up. I did download new shaders for the mod to improve the look of the mod but that didn't cause issues at all. The last few cars I added were on a website which you are unable to access as the forum admins have stopped allowing new members. So I will upload them to mediafire and send links either privately or here up to you :)

Back