rFactor exhaust backfire

Angus94

is there anyone around that can explain to me how the exhaust backfire is activated, i know that it appears during de-acceleration to a corner, but how does rfactor know to have the flame sequence show, and can it be modified.

many thanks in advance.

merry christmas to all.

Angus94

It needs an own Instance in the *.GEN file.

Instance=BACKFIRE
{
Moveable=True
MeshFile=XXXX.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False........
}

And the Animation has to set as an Event in the Material-Settings, with the same Sequence as how many Textures you want to use.

I'm not sure if a *.gmt name like "XXX_Backfire" with Materialname "XXX_Backfire" is necessary.
Just try if it works when you use other Names.

Merry Christmas to you too.

thanks for your reply, i understand what you have posted, but my question is now......

what actually triggers the backfire to work, is it........

when you lift your foot off the acc pedal,

when the rpm drops below a predetermined point

some formula in rfactor

or something else

the reason i ask is because i am trying to create 'header flames' for drag cars and i was wondering if i could find out how the backfire works i could modify it to create the header flame. i have already made the animation in 3dsimed and it works fine, just need to get rfactor to control it.......if possible

I've never played around with that to find out when it happens exactly but another poster here seems to have done it.
Look at HIS THREAD. :)

So it seems to be "hardcoded".

EDIT in Cockpit-View you could try to use the rpmled (would have to be tested if the "Animation" would look acceptable) for the Header-Flames, but that won't work in other Views, i guess/fear.

Last edited:

Back