rfactor future

Stefano Schivari

just wondering about the future of this game after the rf2 relase...

you will still use it? personally yes,there'are so many mods,tracks,plugins etc and most important it doesn't need a very powerfull pc.

Yes, for sure. Of coure modding teams might switch to new platform very quickly but most of drivers will still be using older platform, probably until more good content will show for rF 2 and it will be stable and functional enough for everyday use.

Question is : what will sim community need when rF2 is available. I mean if we have better graphics, ffb & physics, weather & 24h cycle, driver swap.

What addition we would need ?

Just a reflexion i've got these days.

And to answer your question i havent touched rFactor since 2008, graphics are outdated for me, i can't take pleasure with it.

What addition we would need ?
Content! Some of us really like mods with dozens of different cars and the possibility to pick almost any existing circuit. This is exactly the reason why I've never been tempted to get into iRacing. It has been all about single-make racing until recently, and haven't gone much further than that even now. Same goes for NK-Pro.
Yes rF1 looks outdated visually, but what are the alternatives that can deliver the comparable variety and possibilities when it comes to online racing?!

Historic GT & Touring Cars mod for one is going to keep rF1 alive for me for some months at least.

Last edited:
A good analogy would be, some guys like cars that look fast and some guys like cars that go fast and don't care how they look. I don't see the point in racing another game with very bad physics just because it looks better. rF2 looks drastically better then rF1. I don't see how people think different unless they just can't run with everything maxed. rF2 doesn't looks as good as pCARS but it isn't anything like rF1. And it drives WAY better than pCARS. I think we are going to have a ton of people throwing around opinions on how rF2 looks without even seeing it for them self's. Hell people even make claims about the physics by watching YouTube videos. Hahaha

I suspect the content is going to come fast. I am betting we see some tracks roll in in just a few weeks. Cars will probably take more time. The default content is a blast so at least we have that.

Back