"rFactor has stopped working" error message at random when racing

sloch

Hi,

Recently installed rFactor 1 and I've been getting the "rFactor has stopped working" error message pop up and freeze the game. I've trawled through numerous threads trying to find something similar to what I'm experiencing, but to no avail.

rFactor 2 works perfectly and has never crashed. rFactor 1 will crash anywhere from 1 minute through a race to 10 minutes through a race completely at random.

Have tried running it with my firewall switched off, running vsync on and off, different Hz and graphic settings. Anyone have any ideas?

Running:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
8GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3570k @ 3.40 GHz ~4.40 GHz
NVidia GTX 680

Cheers.

Did you recently install tracks/mods/plugins?

That's usually the first thing I check, some of them just don't work well and mess up the sim.

Did you recently install tracks/mods/plugins?

That's usually the first thing I check, some of them just don't work well and mess up the sim.

I have installed a fair few mods and tracks. I've also installed realfeel and LeoFFB. Unsure if they are in the correct folders though.

As for whether it's a mod issue, the game will crash no matter what mod I play, track or vehicle.

Can a mod still corrupt the game regardless if not being used?

I have installed a fair few mods and tracks. I've also installed realfeel and LeoFFB. Unsure if they are in the correct folders though.

As for whether it's a mod issue, the game will crash no matter what mod I play, track or vehicle.

Can a mod still corrupt the game regardless if not being used?

Yes. That's why rF2 handles mods how it does. Many people with rF1 use different directories for each mod they play most.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

Yes. That's why rF2 handles mods how it does. Many people with rF1 use different directories for each mod they play most.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

Could you please explain what you mean by "different directories"?

Tim meant that you can create as many parallel directories of rfactor as you like.
Our community for example has 6 dedicated servers running.
And i have created 1 installation for each of them and put only the needed mod/track(s) inside.
So i have no trouble.

If you have only 1 installation and overload it with mods/tracks, rfactor will crash sometime or won't start anymore.

Remember how many mods and tracks are available and mods often come with additional plugin dll's.
And mods/tracks sometimes use same names of files...
There are so many reasons why it can come to crashes of the game caused by mods/tracks.

I think under these circumstances it is normal that crashes happen, when all has been installed in just one directory.

Back