rFactor load normally but crash when I click on "load track".

CVRFireWall

Hello Everybody,

I am a great fan of rfactor, but I´ve been have a great issue with the game.
The rfactor loads normally and I can choose any car or change any settings. But, when I click on load track, the game simply crash without any error message.
My game folder has about 50Gb and I decided to delete all the files and re-install the game (clean install with no mods), but the problem still happen.

I am using Win 7 64 and, for a long time, the game worked smoothly without any problem.

Any help?

PS.: Sorry for my english.

Try deleting all extra windows.old. There should only be 1 windows and 1 windows.old. Every time you reinstall windows, it adds another windows.old (windows.old 000, 001 etc.) This worked for me.

could be a problem with a very scrambled Locations folder.
file/folder structure can be crucial.
extracting compressed files straight into the Locations folder can be problematic.
clean up the Locations folder by hand, move all open files to appropriate folders
in future extract to a folder on the same drive and move just the track folders to the specified Locations folder.

I personally have about 15 Locations folders that I can call up in the rFactor\Config.ini, so I am constantly installing and then moving things around and have become familiar of how things act when files are out of bed.

hope this helps. good luck.

Back