rFactor Problem Please Help

hamiltonfan2205

I am having a problem where whenever I do a replay with the AI cars, and I rewind, it sends one car back a lap. Dunno why but is there a fix to this?

Weird.

A replay is just a recording of what happened, so if it sends cars back then its replicating what happened at the time of actual session...???
That's my simplistic explanation :)

Did you change anything in the mod after the session where the replay was created? if you removed something then rf1 might get confused running an outdated replay.

Also you could have a look in the xml file of that particular session (or try and recreate the issue with a new session and then also save the xml) and check if there is weird stuff going on in timing, history graph, etc.
Not that it fixes anything but if the xml file shows the same oddities as the replay you know it is probably supposed to be in there as it just reproduces what happened.

Was it a local or a server replay?

Local and I was doing instant replay whilst watching the AI race in the monitor.

Rats, I was hoping it was just 1 track, there are a few tracks out there with issues resulting in your problem.

I'm out of ideas now, no idea why the cars are set back in lap. it should not happen at all.

Last resort: install rfLite in another directory, just for a test. install the mod and try and replicate the issue again. you might get lucky here if the problem doesn't return, then you know you will have to either start using rflite or re-install the current rf install.

Can it be that the car which is set 1 lap back has made a pitstop?

On some tracks the modders made the "mistake" that the Xfinish.gmt, which notices when the cars cross the start/finish line, is not wide enough to cover the whole pitlane.
And when the data in the replay isn't exact enough and the driven line of the car misses the Xfinish-objekt, the car looses a lap.
Sometimes it can be that it happens on the track too, but only when the modder has done a very lousy job.

When you post a downloadlink of the track where it happens, i can look if that is the reason.

Back