rfactor problems with windows7 64 bits

stracing

hello dear friends.
this is my computer:
CHIPSET »INTEL I7 875
matherboard »INTEL DP55KG EXTREME SERIES
graphics card » ATI 4870X2 (2GB)
RAM » 8GB

my problems are, i have tried everything.. run in administrator..running in compability mode with windows xp sp3..everything...and have very low fps and freezes in some tracks or when i do multyplayer racing can someone help me???

let me tell i use race07 and race on in maximum graphics and i have no problems at all..
please help me.

sorry about my english im portuguese

Last edited:
One of reasons: antivirus program.
disable it at all and check it again.

same problem here, tryed it on 2 systems, E6600@8800 GTX and i7-860@GTX285, on both systems the same symptoms, stutters and crashes with larger grids (FPS are ok). I have this problem with vista and win7. rF runs fine with xp x86 and x64.

Last edited:
same problem here, tryed it on 2 systems, E6600@8800 GTX and i7-860@GTX285, on both systems the same symptoms, stutters and crashes with larger grids (FPS are ok). I have this problem with vista and win7. rF runs fine with xp x86 and x64.
This could depend on your Nvidia GTX 285, I have a GTX 280 and had the same problems, have a look at this thread and try the "Nvidia FPS Fix" maybe it helps:
https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/184-Performance-tweaks?highlight=performance

no help for my problem????
maybe i have to wait for rfactor2...
Since there are people using Windows 7 64 bit and similar video cards without issue, then it is unlikely directly related to either Windows 7 or the video card and rFactor specifically. There may be some system config/setting (BIOS, hardware, software, etc) or other software that may be interfering with the performance of rfactor.

First make sure you are testing with a clean install of rfactor with only the default content. You can do this by simply installing rfactor into a new clean folder (e.g. "rFactor clean") and testing from there (with no mods/addons/plugins).

With some antivirus/firewall software, simply disabling it may not suffice. Make sure you have added rfactor to your antivirus ignore list and firewall allowed list. As a last resort, you could try uninstalling both and then testing rfactor to see if this may be the source of the issue.

Keep in mind that different games may use different resources, and/or the same resources differently and thus one may expose system level issues that another game may not.

I have deinstalled AVG and deactivated windows firewall and I have still the same issues under win7. The intensity of the issues are depending on used mods. I use the F2 2009 by simcompany as a indicator if rF runs like it should run. With this mod I have under win7 and vista massiv performance issues, the cars look like transformers and I get crashes. With some other mods these issues are not so obviously but they are present. I tested it on my desktop computer (P5B Plus, E6600, 8800GTX, 2GB Ram), if I get a solution for this problem, I will install Win7 on my Racing Computer. There is installed XP and rF runs with all mods perfectly.

Edit: the rF installation on my desktop computer is fresh, but I need the F2 2009 as a indicator, under XP X64 and X86 this mod runs fine, to indicate these issues I run this mod with 30 AIs.

Last edited:
I have deinstalled AVG and deactivated windows firewall and I have still the same issues under win7. The intensity of the issues are depending on used mods. I use the F2 2009 by simcompany as a indicator if rF runs like it should run. With this mod I have under win7 and vista massiv performance issues, the cars look like transformers and I get crashes. With some other mods these issues are not so obviously but they are present. I tested it on my desktop computer (P5B Plus, E6600, 8800GTX, 2GB Ram), if I get a solution for this problem, I will install Win7 on my Racing Computer. There is installed XP and rF runs with all mods perfectly.

Edit: the rF installation on my desktop computer is fresh, but I need the F2 2009 as a indicator, under XP X64 and X86 this mod runs fine, to indicate these issues I run this mod with 30 AIs.
Have you already tried the Nvidia FPS Fix?

tested it now with wombat's FPS Fix and F2 2009 with 30 AI`s, flashing UI Screens, transformed cars and massive Performance issues

I use the F2 2009 by simcompany as a indicator if rF runs like it should run.
Since mods/addons/plugins can affect stability and performance, I wouldn't suggest using a 3rd party mod to determine if rF is "running like it should". More likely, the only way to determine if it is running as it should would be to use a clean install with no mods/addons/plugins.

F2009 by simcompany is proofed under Win XP x64 and x86 like the other content it included in the original installation. There has to be another thing that causes the issues, to find the cause there is also no need to install a rF Lite installation without the original content, because if I install the original content I will get these issuses under vista and win7.

BTW, I need also under Win7 a rF Installation with working mods which work under win xp, thats what I want.

I tested yesterday with 263.06 developer driver and set the max prerendered frame on 0 like in the faq without success.

Last edited:
In my opinion a good test with the F1 2009 mod is racing against 19 AI, seen the mod could be optimized for 20 cars (like in the real 2009 season).

I havent that mod, but if i remember right, also CTDP adviced the users to run their F1 mods with the number of the real cars running a certain season, not more cars.

So, in your shoes, i would like to try default series or "performance stable" mods built for 30+ cars.

[EDIT] Also, if i undertand right, your testing system has 2gig RAM, that is ok in XP but a bit undersized in Win7.

[EDIT] Also, if i undertand right, your testing system has 2gig RAM, that is ok in XP but a bit undersized in Win7.

On my Racing Computer (P7P55D, i7-860, GTX285 1GB Vram, 4GB DDR3) I have exactly the same issues under vista/win7 like on my desktop computer under vista/win7.
BTW, AFAIK rF is a 32Bit application, which can adress max 2GB Ram, so you need a LAA-Hack to use more than 2 GB Ram even in a x64 OS.

couple of quick things , most vista; win 7 systems use extended permissions systems that can slow down and stop programms running to there full potential; rfactor is better not installed to any win7/vista folder . it is better to create a games folder (not in progam files) and install there. this will allow the game to read and write freely : also depending on the size of your cpu , and gpu and graphics settings you may wish to force the game to run on all cores of your cpu , this can be done easily by creating a shortcut of the rfactor .exe ; then opening the short cut ( right click then properties) choose shortcut , in the target line left click the press space and type "+fullproc" without the inverted coma's
after that there are some great guides that will help you wit getting the most out of the graphics cards , try the usual sources for the fixes and the fps patches

best of luck

andi

I have deleted old installation and maked a new installation on C:\rFactor, the win7/vista spezific issues are still present. With +fullproc and deactivated hyperthreading I experimentated already in the time before.

I have freshly (two weeks ago) installed system: Core i5 760 + Ati HD4670 system with Win 7 x64. I had tremendous fps and stutter problem in some instances. These two things fixed *everything* for me.

1) use +fullproc command in rfactor shortcut to make rF utilize two cores. Many have reported no fps gain with +fullproc but have got rid of stutter and low fps like performance (although indicated fps have been good).

2) Drop in the nvidia fix as suggested here now if you haven't done it already. With wombat's nvidia fix all problems were gone with no side effects although I have an ATI card. I know many others have seen a good performance bump with ATI cards aswell. In some instances i had as low fps as 19, after installing nvidia fix, fps jumped to 110 with all rest equal (offline AI grid, last position, same car, same mod, same track, same settings). All around, performance with nvidia fix is superb with low variation.

Nvidia fix: http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nvidia FPS Fix

Don't come back before you have tried this ;)

Don't come back before you have tried this ;)

tested it now with wombat's FPS Fix and F2 2009 with 30 AI`s, flashing UI Screens, transformed cars and massive Performance issues

With +fullproc and deactivated hyperthreading I experimentated already in the time before.

Maybe I come back if rF2 released and I'll try it on win7 ;)

ok i have tested my rfactor in monza original.original cars...and...it keep runing poor...30fps.... :(

I have a E6420 and ATI 5770 with 2GB running Win7 x86. I use the wombat dll, 10.12 drivers, 1920x1080x60hz, VSync Off, "Max Framerate=60", DX9, AAx8, AFx16, everything in rF set as high as possible, +fullproc and I run silky smooth without crashes or micro stutters. I have found "Max Framerate=60" helps a lot with the micro stutters. If the frame rate is uncapped it ran my CPU usage way up leaving no headroom for background tasks. So background tasks would have the steal CPU time from rFactor causing stutters. With "Max Framerate=60" my CPU only runs at 36%. There is no point in running 300fps if your monitor only runs 60hz. You're just building up massive heat for no reason. My fans never even spool up. VSync On would also help reduce load but it creates to much input lag so I stay away from it.

This machine is 100% dedicated to rFactor so I see no point in running 64bit. But there are plenty of people with Win7 x64 that have no problems.

hi Noel,
where i can find that "max framerate=60"?
whats that "wombat dll" ?

hi Noel,
where i can find that "max framerate=60"?
whats that "wombat dll" ?

I am running rF under Win 7 x64, i7 920 @3.2 Gh, 6 Gig RAM, Ati HD5970 2Gig and have no problems at all.

The HD5970 is a dual GPU single card running in crossfire mode. I have no problems whatsoever with frame rates but I have experimented with the wombat fix. In my case, at least, the fix disables crossfire so the game runs under only one GPU.

Dunno if same thing will happen with your cards.

Try Catalyst drivers 10.5 as these are what has provided me with the highest frames and zero problems.

Good luck

Max Framrerate is found in the PLR file. <rFactorRoot>\UserData\<PlayerName>\<PlayerName>.plr

Back