rfactor questions...

tjc

Guys...

Quite some time has passed since I`ve given rfactor a blast... not driven it since I got rf2 :D

Anyway, I have a some questions.

Re-installed rf and the latest version of the DRM mod, jumped in the Capri :cool: and realised my steering was way off with the on screen wheel, not that I have the on screen wheel turned on but I put it on to check they are both the same and working correctly, then it goes off.

Anyway...

1 - What degrees of rotation should I set for the Capri to have realistic steering with the G25?

2 - For rf2 I set the degrees of rotation to 900 degrees in the G25 software and rf2 sets the right steering for any given car, so can I set the steering wheel range for rfactor in the controller file and leave the degrees of rotation at 900 degrees in the G25 software for rf2 or will I have to change the D.O.R for rfactor in the G25 software and then change it back to drive rf2?

3 - Is there a D.O.R I can set in rfactor that will give realistic steering for most mods or do they all need their own little tweeks?

Lastly, what settings are recommended for the ffb and iirc I need reelfeel and maybe Leo`s ffb plugin too?

You wouldn`t think I`ve driven rfactor for years and had it all set up nicely would you lol but as I`ve said, not done it in a good while so just want to check before I do anything.

Cheers.

:)

I am about to go to bed so I will only answer a few of these and I will follow up with more infor tomarrow.

First, the rotation no the screen is just a visual thing. I has nothing to do with the physics. If you would like to make it match your real wheel you can. The setting is in the Controller.ini:
Code:
Steering Wheel Range="865"

rF1 can't dynamically adjust the lock like rF2 can. You will need to set the lock by hand in the G25/27 control panel. Actually, for rF2 it really doesn't matter how you have your lock set in the control panel, it will always change it dynamically. In rF1 I just set my wheel to 900 for all mods and then compensate with the steering lock in the car setup. I normally do a little research for the "ratio" of the real car and then change the lock in the setup to create the same ratio. Keep in mind that the lock in the setup is the degrees that the actually wheels rotate and isn't lock to lock but center to lock. Finding the ratios for the real life car is nearly impossible though.

I will follow up with RealFeel info tomorrow. That is a much longer conversation. :)

BTW, don't even bother with LeoFFB. Most people use it for the lowspeed forces (pit lane) but the latest RealFeel has this lowspeed stuff built in.

Hey Noel...

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Yeh I realise the rotation on the screen is just visual and has nothing to do with the physics and I actually have the on screen wheel turned off, I just like to know they match is all.

So for rf2 it doesn`t matter what the lock is in the G25 software? I was under the impression that it was best to set it to 900 degrees and then rf2 can adjust it dynamically as you say... but it doesn`t matter what this figure is for rf2? That`s interesting...

Confession time... maths is not one of my strong points so I`ve never been good at working out ratio`s etc... could do it no doubt but lack the confidence with maths...

I look forward to your reelfeel input.

Thanks for the info. :)

Back