rFactor Replay Tool

• Thread starter Gerald Jacobson
  • Start date

Gerald Jacobson

Hello,
Here you will find the rFactoll Replay Tool application.
To launch it, have Java 6+ installed and simply double click on the downloaded ".jar".
GR rFactor Replay Tool

This tool parse rFactor 1 replay file and provide you 2 tools:

- Lap Analyzer
- Race Analyzer

The lap analyzer is intended to help
- driver : to analyze there laps compare to other laps (exemple compare my best lap, with another driver best lap) - providing between two point in the track Speed, Gear, Throttle, Steer Yaw informations.
- racer manager : to analyse all lap path of a player compared to a reference path (can easely show track cut)

The Race Analyzer
- racer manager : to view the full race from a top view. Have quick access of all detected events (best lap, pit, stop race, overtake, touch risk, damage part, etc.). So this tool simplify the work to review a race and define penalities (with the support of the real replay in the rfactor game - needed to confirm touch risk event).
- TV show : have acces to key event, and prepare the podcast diffusion. So is it easier to focus on interresting events.

Note 1: For now, you need to unzip the VCR. I cannot succed to unzip VCR with standard feature in java.
Note 2: The tool cannot load rFactor2 replay. It will be supported as soon as i found a way to determine rFactor2 replay structure (if you have any information, i will be very interested)

Finally, if you have remark or needs, please give me you feedback and suggestions.
View attachment 11635
View attachment 11636
View attachment 11637

Gave it a go with one of my old league rfactor 1 replays and it works very well. Well done.
DJC

Thanks.

v0.2.8 available

- added the possibility (optional) to provide the track AIW file
-> in this case "Off Road" events are computed
-> track way / pit lane is drawn
- enhance zoom
- allow to hide/show drivers in race analyzer

v1.0.0 Dispo
GR Replay Tool

added "3D Track Map" feature

Fully customizable (in case of AIW data does not satisfying):
- color per sectors
- fine positionning of start line
- length of sector 1, sector 1+2 and lap length
- Z factor (elevation multiplier)
- road ruban width
- race direction

Here an exemple for Oschersleben
rfReplayTool6.png

v1.0.1 Available
GR Replay Tool

- Add export Excel (CSV) of Race event
- replace combo event filter by check boxes
- enhance 3D camera management via sliders in 3D Track Map

This looks like a great tool, but the Lap Analyzer does not show any values in the V/G/T/Y section. Any idea why not?

Back