rFactor replays

neilbv11

Why is it that when I view a replay in rFactor the car's resolution changes from low to high as the car draws nearer. It seems to happen on all tracks. I'm running i7 860, 8Gb 1600 memory, and a nVidia 580 GTX all set to max settings.

Hello Neil

Are the settings in rfactor max as well? i'm not sure which setting handles draw-distance, probably opponent detail or texture detail. (rf/customize/settings/display)
Also check in rfactor/replay fridge if 'replay fidelity' is on full.

Hello Neil

Are the settings in rfactor max as well? i'm not sure which setting handles draw-distance, probably opponent detail or texture detail. (rf/customize/settings/display)
Also check in rfactor/replay fridge if 'replay fidelity' is on full.

Yes everything in rFactor is set to Max including replays

I guess when you are talking about car's resolution you mean less/more details in the 3d model?

Less/more details system is named LoD (Level of Details) and it is a car thing (tracks too can have LoDs, but not sure tracks LoDs are related to the car details).

You can edit the LoDs in the gen file (LODIN and LODOUT) and in the cam file there is a LODmultiplier

So how would I be able to keep the cars detail constant by using this LODmultiplier?

I guess when you are talking about car's resolution you mean less/more details in the 3d model?

Less/more details system is named LoD (Level of Details) and it is a car thing (tracks too can have LoDs, but not sure tracks LoDs are related to the car details).

You can edit the LoDs in the gen file (LODIN and LODOUT) and in the cam file there is a LODmultiplier

So how would I be able to keep the cars detail constant by using this LODmultiplier?

I dont know, i am not a modder. :)

But you can experiment by yourself!

Back