rFactor/ RFT 2012 crashing to desktop

Djegovic

Hello again,

downloaded rFactor today, its original version. Installed RFT 2012 and tested it. Everything running well until, in the first or second lap of a short offline race, the game stopped. The sound of the engine remained at the same rotation and everythng else got stuck. It stayed like that for a moment and went back to normal. Tried to reduce graph quality but that was not the problem since the game was running smooth before the crash. Even though I tried but it happened again. After a couple of times it changed. Now it just crashes to desktop all of a sudden. The windows 7 x64bits that I have searches for the error but does not find anything.

Can anyone help me? Is it possible that the mod is doing it? I thought so, but I looked up online for a while and other people seem to be facing the same sort of problem with different mods.

Thank you for your time.

PS: Just uninstalled RFT2012 and the original game is not crashing. Something about the mod, then.
If somebody knows what might be, appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome in the jungle!
RFT 2012 and other (newer) mods have the problem that modders are using a way to high
polycount for the models!
rFactor can only handle a small amount of RAM.
Too many polys in the models together with super-high-res textures let the game overflow.
Some modder never learn it.... But now it´s too late anyway (rF2).

To solve these problems adjust ingame: customize/settings/graphics(dont know how it is in your language)
there are settings for "player car detail" and "opponent detail".
Set these (especially opponent detail) to "high" instead of "all". Maybe one more setting less.
This reduces the Level of detail of the models. You won´t notice it ingame, so don´t worry!
Now test races with a X amount of opponents. Go higher with every try.
I don´t think that you can use all opponents, but try it!

Greets
pete

Hey Pete,

"Vielen Danke" for the reply man! haha
Surely gonna try it. I tried to low down the graphics instead of setting it as "High".

I'll write back after I reinstall the mod and test it.

Hello again,

just did it and it worked for a smaller amount of cars, thank you. Now I have a technical question: is it possible to select opponent by opponent so I can eliminate the exact teams that I want? Otherwise the game selects by itself and leave teams with only one car and this sort of thing. I believe I can run it taking 6 cars out (caterham, marussia and HRT).

Ok! Now it's getting really weird.
Regardless the number of cars I choose, EVERYTIME I'm on a race and I complete the THIRD lap, it crashes. Something happens on the third lap that the game cannot work. Do you guys, more experienced, have any idea of what kind of file may be executed after completing the third lap of a short race that would make the game crash?

Hey,

getting back here to say that I've got it all figured out. The problem is that this MOD works with DRS and that probably changes something after the third lap, which is when the DRS is enabled on the race. I downloaded the TrackPack from the MOD and now everything is under control again.

So if someone faces this problem, here is what you gotta do: Install a fresh rFactor Lite and then the RFT 2012 MOD AND TRACKPACK. You have to play it separately because this DRS thing affects the other MODS too.

Greets from Brasil!
Peace

Back