Rfactor Server is not reciving updates??

kidx

I get an error when i am in my server after say 15 mins server is not reviving updates from clients.I also cannot see any vehicles at all no one else gets booted plus no one can see me please help me so i can play again.I tried to login under MP Setting and it gives me and error like your race cast is down please help me.

I'm getting the same problem with my r factor as KID is getting when ever I try and join kidx'S server I can't seem to see his car or truck its almost as if hes invisible and kidx all ways gets disconnected from the server but for some odd reason I never get disconnected from the server like kidx does do to all these problems we can never have are selves a clean race cos we can't see each others vehicles CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP US FIX THESE PROBLEM THX

I doubt its racecast. if its down then you wont be able to join the server at all as far as i know. seems more like a server issue?

I don't know if it is a server issue if it is how do I fix this problem.

This is different he don't get the server not receiving update from client.

As i said, he did many tries.

A try was a new router, then a new net card, and with the new net card (say second half of pag. 3 of that thread) the issue sounds close to what spondoux reported here.

I cant be sure it is the same problem, but i guess the router/firewall setting is the reason of the issue.

well the reason why he cant see me is because of the error i stated how do i get my game to receive updates in my server.

It's a connection issue. Almost certainly your firewall / router is blocking connections (either the whole time, or it lets them through at first and then 'forgets' to) You need to make sure all relevant ports are allowed past your firewall (often needs global rules rather than application specific, which on a number of firewalls don't work properly), and either use port forwarding on your router to send the required ports to your server or put your server machine in as the DMZ (usually the easier option, just keep an eye on security). I'm pretty sure the required ports are sitting in a readme file somewhere in the rFactor folder.

Unless something has broken you don't need to buy anything new, and really this stuff isn't specific to rFactor at all. Same thing happens when hosting any online game.

In the care of this error there is not much the sim can do. We send a great deal of control messages over TCP which is about as one can get for a real time simulation. My guess is some QoS is stepping in and dropping packets, or there is NAT/Routing issue between the client and the server.

Back