rFactor Server Join Button

cetse

First off all, i would like to say that i'm really happy with such a good sim as rFactor:D
I have a problem. On my pc, I have 2 rfactor versions installed.
When i click on a join button to join a server like at www.vrl-simracing.be, my pc always opens the wrong rFactor.
Does anyone has a solution?

Cheers:)

Cetse

I would guess the link looks for rfactor on the main drive but i dont realy know.

I'm just here to ask you to say Hi to Robin Verdegaal for me (Rouke) as he is an old sim buddy of our league :)

hehe ok I will do ;-)
I have heard my problem has something to do with the windows register, but I don't know.

Hello
If you have 2 versions of RF
As I have 3 or 4
But one thing for sure you need to run the one you have with the mod or settings you prefer.
So you need 2 short cuts say RF_Whatever and RF2_Simracing when you want to jion simracing league you open RF2_Simracing and find the server and you should be good to go.

Ruben M.

It's simplest than you think..
rFactor registers protocol rfactor:// into operating system joining it with rfactor.exe installed (path to exe file).
So it is possible to run rFactor from URL: rfactor://some_address:port
There is no way to chose rf instance to run by clicking a link.

You can change current settings in 2 ways:
option1
Assuming the last installation process set the protocol, install rf again into directory you want to be default one for running from webpages.

option2.
Using regedit program change registry entry in branshes:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rfactor\shell\open\command
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rfactor\shell\open\command
then restart.

It's simplest than you think..
rFactor registers protocol rfactor:// into operating system joining it with rfactor.exe installed (path to exe file).
So it is possible to run rFactor from URL: rfactor://some_address:port
There is no way to chose rf instance to run by clicking a link.

You can change current settings in 2 ways:
option1
Assuming the last installation process set the protocol, install rf again into directory you want to be default one for running from webpages.

option2.
Using regedit program change registry entry in branshes:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rfactor\shell\open\command
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\rfactor\shell\open\command
then restart.

Hi maxym,

I think you might have the solution to my problem.
Can you just explain the steps for editting the register a little bit better?

Thanks m8,

Cetse

Back