rFactor Won't Start ActiveMark Purchase Screen but Can't Connect

Rudeboy

Purchased rFactor in '05 been playing it since. Re-installed it on a few new rigs. Last install was in Nov. '09. Raced on Sunday no issues. Tried to race on Tuesday and would not start. Got the ActiveMark purchase screen instead. If you click "Already purchased? Click here." Or anything else then I get a windows dialog box saying "The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name on the site. Proceed anyway?" I have three options "Yes" "No" and "View certificate." No matter what I click it says. "Not connected to the internet." All other links no longer work either. By the way I am connected to the internet.

I'm running Windows 7 and have done since Nov 2009 with no problems.

Made no changes except got a bad Malware/Browser hijacker that trymedia was associated with and I really needed to dig deep into trymedia files to eliminate it so one might have been my old rFactor activation and now it's trying to reactivate through an extinct system. Any way that's all I can think of.

I have 3 installs and it's the same on all. I really don't want to do a re-install I have 5 years of seasons, records and history.

I tried rolling Windows back 7 days, no dice.

Thanks

Rudeboy

Like in another thread, i would suggest to follow THESE instructions and especially focus on the ACTIVATION section with this hint:

Note: If you purchased rFactor before November 2012, you will need to convert your old Purchase Order Number into a Key. This page will help you.

And install the new downloaded Version over your existing one, that should keep all old content.

I did get rFactor before 2012 and I got the new activation code that is your second link. So just to be clear I can install to the same directory and it won't wipe all my mods and on going seasons?

Thanks

Rudeboy

Yes, the installation over the old version should not cause new problems, the folder-structure hasn't changed as far as i know.

But to be on the safe side, you can make a backup of the old installation folder, before you start installing the new version.

Back