Rfactor wont start.

MUJ

Hi all

Need help

My rfactor wont start. Instead of starting, it pops up an window claiming that it can't display a webpage (amlocalhost.macrovision.com) Have 3 rfactor installations and non of them work :? tryed to make a new rfactor installation, but same problem. Have not changed anything on the computer, they just stopped working.

hopefully someone can help :)

Does it also happen when you start the game by clicking directly on the rFactor.exe and not over a shortcut?

Yes same fail if i click directly on rfactor.exe
Have rfactorlite download version, put it on a memory stick and installed it on my lap top. Works fine there.
Have been told it might could be virus on my stadionary computer...

Isn't that an activation issue? I recall us getting those webpages when not activated, later on when trymedia was ditched it would give a 404 because it was no longer supported but it would still try to connect to that site.

But that's the old versions of rf1, it should work (without that webpage) with the latest version. so checksum yer version. or remove credentials and re-activate(?)

my version is from september 2012. rFactorSetup1255Lite
How do i remove credentials and re-activate?

I would agree with Denstjiro, that the old Version of rFactor causes the error.

I would suggest to follow THESE instructions and especially focus on the ACTIVATION section with this hint:

Note: If you purchased rFactor before November 2012, you will need to convert your old Purchase Order Number into a Key. This page will help you.

Have updated to v1255g and that solved the problemšŸ˜Š
But now i cant get my XD tool to workšŸ˜•

Back