rFactor / Youtube Monetization

Engioc

OK I have read the terms of service but not being terribly good with all the legal stuff I'm still left wondering....

Is it OK to monetize youtube videos that show rFactor/rFactor 2?

Obviously with the built in video editor there is no problem with uploading to youtube, but is monetization allowed, and do I need permission from any 3rd party if my video shows a mod created by someone other than ISI?

Are there any forms I need to fill in first?

If this isn't currently possible then could this be considered for future....the reason I ask is as a fan of the ArmA series of milsims they now have an agreement fans can sign that then allows them to legally monetize videos showing any of their games. They clearly see no problem with fans promoting their game and making a little extra money by doing so, it also helps encourage fans to make videos when they get a small reward for doing so.

It can only help to promote the rFactor brand.

Last edited:
You can monotize rfactor but there cant be anyome on the clip with you, No music, pictures, they have really become strict with thee mono- good luck remember youtube wants "original" material for monotizing.

You also should ask the modder for permission if you wan't to earn money with these clips. Also you could get problems with the rights owner of the original racing series/car/track the mod recreates.

Hi guys, thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply back. Yeah I realise I need the modders permission but I guess I figured first I actually need ISI's permission. Once I get that then I'd definitely ask the maker of the content before I monetize a video featuring their content.

The other reason I ask it here is because I thought if ISI do something official like Bohemia Interactive have done with their ArmA series of games and monetization then everyone can benefit, not just me. So all those people out there creating content could also monetize any videos they create to show off their work.

Back