rFactor's FFB and the Thrustmaster Rally GT FFB Clutch Steering Wheel

jvdL

I've recently purchased a new steering wheel, namely the Rally GT FFB Clutch by Thrustmaster.

The main reason behind the purchase was to enhance the feeling while playing rFactor. Afterall, what good is a simulator when you do not use a proper controller? ;)

Anyways, as soon as I started racing rFactor. I noticed the default setup for this wheel in rFactor does not respond to anything but the 5 axis' (buttons such as the clutch flippers did not work). Setting up a custom profile for the wheel works, however this led me to another unusual problem;

For the some reason the force feed back is rather broken on rFactor in combination with this wheel. It causes the the wheel to stop responding up to 2 seconds, and then continues to work properly again. This problem does not take place when force feed back is turned off, and is only there when playing rFactor (Other games work properly).

(Posted in software seeing this only happens with rFactor's force feed back setup. The hardware works properly with any other game.)

How can I fix this issue with rFactor's force feed back so I can enjoy the game fully?

Thanks in advance!

Back