rfdynHUD 1.3 not working

Kimi450

I just got Windows 8 Pro and installed it. Before I had Win 7 Ultimate in which the plugin worked, but after Win 8 Pro it doesnt. I have installed Java V6 build 31 but still not working. Any help ?

I'm not sure but is Java V6 build 31 the new one? if it is then uninstall and get an older version, some of our guys updated and then reported the Hud had stopped working, they rolled back and it was working again.
Hope that helps.
btw they were win7 not 8

SS

New one is V7 build 17. I had that but I uninstalled it and got V6 build 43. That didnt work either, so i uninstalled that and installed v6 build 31. that didnt work either...

It must be win8 thang, hope ya find a cure or you could use Trackmap it's a great alternative and it's for RF1 & RF2

SS

Thanks for the help. I saw Trackmap and it good, but not as good as rfdynhud. But thanks anyways, will have to do till a fix comes along.

Kimi450, it MUST be 32 bit java 6, even if you have a 64 bit system, and even if you have another version of java also installed. :)

I have more or less the same problem. Before i had a Windows 7 ultimate OS and all Plugins works excelente( TV Style and Rfdynhud v1.3). But since i ve updated for Windows 8 Enterprise, i can´t put them work and i ve installed them 2or 3different times!! Runned as administrator with compatibility mod for Windows 98/ME, Windows XP Service Pack 3 and nothing!! I ve renamed the .dll file to d3d9_tvstyle but in the game nothing work.. What can i do to solve the problem??

I have more or less the same problem. Before i had a Windows 7 ultimate OS and all Plugins works excelente( TV Style and Rfdynhud v1.3). But since i ve updated for Windows 8 Enterprise, i can´t put them work and i ve installed them 2or 3different times!! Runned as administrator with compatibility mod for Windows 98/ME, Windows XP Service Pack 3 and nothing!! I ve renamed the .dll file to d3d9_tvstyle but in the game nothing work.. What can i do to solve the problem??

It's been said before, the plugin does not work in Windows 8. And unless someone picks up the app, as it is no longer supported by the author (read on CTDP forum), and can rewrite it for Windows 8 then your only solution is to roll back to Windows 7.

Thanks very much for replying.. I ve put RfDynhud running !) I ve tried diferentes d3d9.dll files i ve installed java 32bits and Microsoft visual++ 32bits too and have worked!!! Thanks

@kmw THANK YOU MAN !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! IT IS NOW WORKING :D

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I resume this 3D because I can use rFDynHUD plugin v1.3..............My SO is Windows 7 64 bit, I have installed Java 6.......

I have installed it but I dont see it in-game...............here is my log file:

Using Java from folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6".
Loading msvcr71.dll...
Loading jvm.dll...
Successfully loaded Java dlls.
Invoking Java VM...
JVM options:
-Djava.class.path=E:\rFactor_WRRacing\Plugins\rfDynHUD\rfdynhud.jar;E:\rFactor_WRRacing\Plugins\rfDynHUD\rfdynhud_gamedata_rfactor1.jar;E:\rFactor_WRRacing\Plugins\rfDynHUD\editor\rfdynhud_editor.jar
-Dworkdir=E:\rFactor_WRRacing\Plugins\rfDynHUD
-Xms512m
-Xmx512m
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5
-XX:+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy
-Xincgc
Successfully invoked Java VM.
Launching RFDynHUD Editor...
Initialized logging system with log level EXHAUSTIVE.
Loading GameEventsPlugins...
Found plugin "net.ctdp.rfdynhud.plugins.director.DirectorPlugin".
Found and initialized 1 plugin.
INFO: Using PLR file "E:\rFactor_WRRacing\UserData\Fabrizio Telasio\Fabrizio Telasio.PLR"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0.60 0.40"
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Unknown Source)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$TBCParser.storeOffTempsAndPressure(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:200)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$TBCParser.storeCompound(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:254)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$TBCParser.onGroupParsed(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:279)
at org.jagatoo.util.ini.AbstractIniParser.parseImpl(AbstractIniParser.java:606)
at org.jagatoo.util.ini.AbstractIniParser.parse(AbstractIniParser.java:735)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$TBCParser.parseTBCFile(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:587)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$HDVParser.parseHDVLine(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:740)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$HDVParser.onSettingParsed(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:873)
at org.jagatoo.util.ini.AbstractIniParser.parseLine(AbstractIniParser.java:513)
at org.jagatoo.util.ini.AbstractIniParser.parseImpl(AbstractIniParser.java:601)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser$VEHParser.onSettingParsed(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:1295)
at org.jagatoo.util.ini.AbstractIniParser.parseLine(AbstractIniParser.java:523)
at org.jagatoo.util.ini.AbstractIniParser.parseImpl(AbstractIniParser.java:601)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysicsParser.parsePhysicsFiles(VehiclePhysicsParser.java:1523)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.VehiclePhysics.loadFromPhysicsFiles(VehiclePhysics.java:2350)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.__GDPrivilegedAccess.loadFromPhysicsFiles(__GDPrivilegedAccess.java:74)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.GameEventsManager.reloadPhysics(GameEventsManager.java:331)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.gamedata.GameEventsManager.onSessionStarted(GameEventsManager.java:493)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.editor.RFDynHUDEditor.initGameDataObjects(RFDynHUDEditor.java:1640)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.editor.RFDynHUDEditor.<init>(RFDynHUDEditor.java:1728)
at net.ctdp.rfdynhud.editor.RFDynHUDEditor.main(RFDynHUDEditor.java:1877)
Successfully parsed physics files. (Took 7ms.)
INFO: No upgrades installed.
WARNING: No tire compounds known.
WARNING: No tire compounds known.
Loading custom fonts...
Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital".
Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital Bold".
Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital Italic".
Loaded and registered custom font "DS-Digital Bold Italic".
Loading configuration file from "E:\rFactor_WRRacing\Plugins\rfDynHUD\config\overlay.ini"...

Thanks for help.

Back