rFDynHud issue

• Thread starter hamiltonfan2205
  • Start date

hamiltonfan2205

Around a year ago, I had a problem with rFDynHud. With my old PC, (a 32bit Mac with Windows 7 installed via bootcamp) it was fine, but on my current PC, a 64bit Windows 7 laptop, it causes rFactor to lag out. Since then I have been using the TV Style by Italian Factory plugin, but I've decided I'd really like to have rFDynHud back, as it tells me when there is a yellow flag and gives me more info on what is going on in a race. So does anyone know what this issue is?

Do you have Java 6 32 bit installed? rFDynHUD needs this in order to run properly, maybe that is the reason.

Last edited:
Well, if rFDynhud is actualy working but laggy, then maybe it is your laptop. rFDynhud is quite power hungry and I have noticed some stuttering on some tracks when I use it.
What cpu do you have? If it is a dual core or quad core, have you tried telling rfactor to work across all cores? You can do this by adding +fullproc at the end of the command line in your rFactor shortcut.

Another thing worth trying is switching vsynch on in the rFactor config utility. It can cure sound stutters, you never know it might help your problem.

But I have no other suggestions.

It worked on my old pc, which had less memory, I think I have a dualcore but im not sure

Witch Mod/Track?
Do you installed DX9?
Dxdiag will give us and you all informations from your Laptop. ;-)

Don't think the mod makes a difference as I tried to use it with fsone 2009 last year which was the same mod as I used the year before but in 2012 I had no issue with rfdynhud with my old PC. Last year with my current PC I used the same mod just with different liveries and I have the issue.

Back